CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

22nd May 2012, 22:17
Yes, after he told us he was doing tree work. I've done some very crazy things while pruning and cutting down trees.
21 of 65  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd May 2012, 00:18
Oh dear, hope Jolan's OK. I hope you've done some crazy things not associated with tree work, Aristo?
22 of 65  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd May 2012, 00:38
I certainly have, Rosalind. Let's see. There was driving on the left side of the road for the first time, in Cape Town, during the famous weeks-long national power outage, with no traffic lights. There was crossing a sideless trestle (on my hands and knees) high above the Blackstone River when a train was coming (that was in my younger days). There was staying in a hotel right across the Rio Grande from Ciudad Juarez, the murder capital of the world (love those stray bullets). There was driving in Naples...
23 of 65  -   Report This Post

andyc

23rd May 2012, 07:53
Still nothing from Jolan. I do hope that he is alright.
24 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd May 2012, 08:15
I've only just checked in since last evening.
Jolan, I hope you are OK. We are anxiously waiting to see you today. x
25 of 65  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd May 2012, 09:31
Wow, Aristo, I am very impressed. Though one does not have to go to Columbia (?) to get murdered- someone was in my small Oxfordshire village last week!
Driving in Cape Town at all isn't something I'd contemplate. But then, driving on the left in France for the first time I do go the wrong way round a roundabout.
Jolan, where art thou?
26 of 65  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd May 2012, 10:22
Just adding my concerns about the absent Jolan....

And Mr A...one of the sillier things I have done was jet skied in shark invested waters....did not realise it at the time obviously!
27 of 65  -   Report This Post

rossim

23rd May 2012, 10:42
Talking about Leylandii. There is only one way to prune them - to ground level! Thankfully, if you do that they don't sprout again. As you have probably gathered, I hate the things!
28 of 65  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd May 2012, 10:53
I hate Leylandii too but they make excellent windbreaks in the countryside. Jolan only said conifers - perhaps they're not the dreaded Ls
In towns I think they should need planning consent!
29 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd May 2012, 11:14
re Leylandii
Ours was planted by my Dad 30 years ago. Since then, we have trimmed it twice a year, and it has only ever reached as high as the fence (5.5 feet) Only two accidents, firstly my late husband who almost sliced off the top of his thumb (visit to the minor injuries dept) and then I was using the electric hedge-trimmer and cut through the cable. Sparks flew but the circuit-breaker saved me. I now use a cordless. The hedge is soon due for its first trim this year. It may even be today!
30 of 65  -   Report This Post