CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

11th April 2012, 20:26
Hi RTers! I hope you all had a happy Easter.
Seems no one has any problems this week. I finished all except 8ac; puzzled over it for ages. I felt such a fool when the penny finally dropped ! M.
1 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2012, 08:26
Hi all
I was stumped for ages on 8a too, Magworth. (It's always the short ones) However, finished it Tuesday and, for the first time ever, posted it off, as my son fancies his chances at winning the radio!
I am on here early, as no breakfast today until after 10.00 ( fasting blood test.)
Real life has taken over with two weddings, and a few less pleasant things with friends, so will not have much time to post.
Best wishes to all
J
2 of 35  -   Report This Post

magworth

12th April 2012, 08:36
Oh that fasting! The only time I long for breakfast is the day I can`t have it. There`s a bakers with chairs near the clinic so I can dash in there for coffee and toast. I hope you can do something similar.
I hope you enjoy the weddings. I know you`ll cope with the less pleasant things. M.
3 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2012, 09:17
Magworth, luckily the clinic is just round the corner, so a quick dash home after the jab. (chocolate croissants ready)
I am in good health, but a couple of friends are having a bad time. I just have to "be there" for them.
Take care
J
4 of 35  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

12th April 2012, 09:56

good morning everyone. I also managed to finish in record time this week but am still puzzled about 6 across, what has the answer to do with "following notes" ?Doctor/hospital free today but have dentist !
5 of 35  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th April 2012, 10:04
Good Morning, All. Sorry to hear of the need for fasting, Magworth. Nothing makes me feel more deprived than when I know the cupboard is full, and I cannot touch. Hope you survive well.

RT 16, I actually found quite difficult, which is often the case when I read of others sailing through it. My initial sweep of the easy clues came up with only five answers (one of which was wrong. I managed to get there in the course of the day, but progress was slow. I have never heard of 12 across, but I don't suppose she has heard of me either.

Anyway, on with the day. Taking my granddaughter to the swimming baths. She swims, I sit with my crossword. God is in His heaven, and all will be well with the world.

Best wishes for now.

P
6 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th April 2012, 10:31
Good morning all,

Progress has been slow and, believe it or not, I couldn't come up with the answer for 10a and then, when I thought I had the answer, I couldn't justify it. There was a load clunk as the penny dropped after an hour or so; in fact, I left the crossword and came back to it and isn't curious how suddenly the clouds part?

Gypsygirl: Try looking at the garden feature after two specific musical notes.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
7 of 35  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

12th April 2012, 11:08
Oh OK Caravaggio, yes I had the answer just couldn't see why and still don't like it much,the " following notes" bit seems superfluous to me. Anyway thanks for putting my mind at rest, have a good day, GG
8 of 35  -   Report This Post

magworth

12th April 2012, 11:33
Pipesmoker It`s Jazzgirl who`s fasting - I was just commiserating. At first sweep I thought it really difficult, too. Saffron was the only sane member of the `Absolutely Fabulous` household.
Gypsy Girl. Maybe he added the `be` to make the answer longer to fit the space - or just to annoy!
I laughed at your chocolare croissants, Jazzgirl - esp, if it was s cholesterol
test !
M.
nger to firt
9 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2012, 11:47
Yes Magworth, very naughty of me! (Just checking in on coffee break here). Only ate the one, as a friend scoffed the other one ;)Cholesterol is 4 so the odd treat is allowed (my own rules apply. haha)
Btw, re 4 down, I know it's the weak one in the litter, but still don't see how the wordplay gives the answer. Being extra thick here.
J
10 of 35  -   Report This Post