CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bees

14th April 2012, 20:30
Hello......Hello..........Is anybody still there? I finally finished! But I don't understand the "appropriate" girl in 19D.
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

molly

14th April 2012, 21:00
I remember this one cropping up before and I had it explained to me by, I think, Jazzgirl. Appropriate is the verb not the adjective.
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

bees

15th April 2012, 17:11
Thanks molly,
All is clear now!
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

rosalind

15th April 2012, 18:59
This thread seems to have its own faithful followers. I don't buy the RT so can't join in.
However, in answer to Magworth, I bought a Wicke's (it's got our name on it) kitchen a few years back. Far from having too many bits, there were not enough. After I'd phoned several times about missing feet (not too difficult to count to 4, you'd think)doors, shelves, supports etc they told me to open all the boxes and claim all the missing stuff at once! 'scuse me, the contents of 19 boxes all over a small living room??
The next Christmas they sent me a bottle of chsmpagne to say sorry!
You sound like an ideal husband, Pipesmoker, apart from the pipe. Cheers!
34 of 35  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th April 2012, 09:45
Rosalind - what a traumatic experience ! I`m glad they did well for you in the end. My son is a devotee of Ikea - don`t know how he stands all that flatpack stuff. Adult equivalent of Lego i think ! M.
35 of 35  -   Report This Post