CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

12th April 2012, 11:59
The penny has now dropped! Grrrrr
11 of 35  -   Report This Post

mondrian

12th April 2012, 16:23
Hello all. Was pleased to see Caravaggio having difficulty and that in itself is unusual! But it made me feel better about my usual state of finding it difficult. This time I am totally stumped by

24Across - Partly digested food came together when beaten (9) I do have every second letter but they may be wrong as nothing comes when consulting Quick Solve!! So help is needed, please.

Yes, had a happy Easter. By the way Pipesmoker (referring to last week`s post) and just for clarification, I am the same as Mrs Pipesmoker in a couple of ways!!

Jazzgirl - hope your friends whom you are `being there` for manage to make some progress. It is an anxious time all round. And good health to you too.
12 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2012, 16:51
Hello Mondrian
Thanks for your kind words. Sadly both friends have a condition which is not curable but can be controlled by drugs. Sad, and quite tiring for me, but that's what true friends are for. I wish you good health also.
As for 24a. beaten (past tense) The word appears in quick solve as the present tense (without the final ......led)
First 3 letters are the "partly digested food in e.g. in a cow or ruminant"
Best wishes
J

13 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

12th April 2012, 18:01
Hello all! Sun pouring in on me so feeling good! Sorry to hear of your troubles jazz girl and will be thinking warm thoughts to you! Am entered for a race for life in June and will be taking wishes of recovery to all poorly xworders. Anyway - have not done too badly this week, stuck on 6a and 14d plus a few others but will persevere. You are all such a lovely bunch, xxx
14 of 35  -   Report This Post

bees

12th April 2012, 18:11
Best of health to all!
RT turned up a day late. I'm sad to see I'm about the only one who's baffled this week. Only eleven answers so far!
I must try more booze, that might help.
15 of 35  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th April 2012, 09:27
Bees - good morning. I hope you`re doing ok now. This puzzle was one of those that looks impossible on first reading, but came clear eventually. We`re here to help! M.
16 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th April 2012, 10:18
old gal, It's so good to see you are doing the "race for life" after all that you have undergone. Brilliant stuff. I did one in Southampton 6 years back and it is the most uplifting experience. I coulnd't do it now unless I was put on a skateboard and towed.
Bees, after staring at this week's RT for half an hour with only 2 answers, I took a walk in the park, and then the inspiration came and the pennies finally dropped.
J
17 of 35  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th April 2012, 10:28
Hi, Mondrian. Thanks for telling me about the similarities. I think I know the two that you mean. Neither of them is that you are married to a pipesmoker.

If you are ever on the island, say hello. I sit right in front of the man who leads the choir, and will probably be moaning about the noise coming from behind me.

Glad your Easter went well. Our granddaughter spends her holidays here, so we are kept quite busy for the duration.

Best wishes for now.

P
18 of 35  -   Report This Post

devonian

13th April 2012, 10:30
Hullo all - hope the fasting was worth while & results satisfactory. Can someone help me out of my frustration with the final clue .. 5d - I've got -i-e-a-c- but can't think of the 'history series' that fits.
19 of 35  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th April 2012, 10:34
Think it was one of the Tony Robinson programmes. It starts with T.

Hope this helps.

P
20 of 35  -   Report This Post