CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cantersue

4th April 2012, 10:02
Hi everyone.
Managed everything with a little help for 6d.
The whole answer for 2d is a cheese made up from "sweet" in Italian plus a type of coffee. Hope this helps with out giving too much away.
21 of 49  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

4th April 2012, 11:13
Good morning to you all from a wet and windy Cheshire.

There's no snow here at the moment but I can see from my bedroom window that there's snow on Mow Cop [look at a UK map and you'll see that it's on the Cheshire-Staffordshire border].

Well, jazzgirl left us all standing yesterday and, in mitigation, I didn't pick up the Radio Times until last night. I found 22d was unusual because I've seen odd, even and first letters used but I think that's the first time that I've seen the last letters of the four words used. I resorted to my electronic crossword solver for 2d - it's not a cheese I'm familiar with.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio

22 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th April 2012, 11:27
'Morning caravaggio
I'm on coffee break. It's sunny down here. Just been "snapping" Blue tit popping in and out of the nestbox and an Orange Tip (male) butterfly landed on the wall in the sun. Just lovely.
There are plenty of forum members who would have finished the xword way ahead of me, but I was just first to open the thread. (and I was even stuck on an easy one. Duh!
All the best
J
23 of 49  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

4th April 2012, 11:45
'Morning jazzgirl,

I've got the heating on! An old friend of mine, who's with Revolution Radio in Oldham, has posted a photograph on his Facebook page which shows one of the company cars parked on what looks like a four inch-deep carpet of snow. Isn't it curious how this little island of ours can have such variations in weather?

I've got two nestboxes - one has an aperture which is triangular and supposedly is ideal for robins and flycathchers - and there's no interest in either at the moment. I regularly have blue tits nesting in the other one and I too have had some great photographs over the years.

Keep warm!

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
24 of 49  -   Report This Post

old gal

4th April 2012, 11:58
Thanks for hint re 2d but it has messed up my answer to 7a (sigh).
25 of 49  -   Report This Post

molly

4th April 2012, 12:21
Done all except 6d and 21d.
Think I know what 21d must be(clue part is constraint?)but can't see why the police are involved!
Hints for 6d please because it is now driving me mad.....
26 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th April 2012, 12:50
hi molly
21d answer : first 4 letters of a longer word (----force )That is where the police comes in.
6d a bar (answer is "hidden" (read across in the words starting with the "i" in smoking).
HOpe this makes sense
J
27 of 49  -   Report This Post

molly

4th April 2012, 12:58
Thank you. Got them now.
21d cleverer than I thought...
6d Hmm tricksy, not impressed (unless there is something really clever in the remaining letters I've missed again!)
28 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th April 2012, 13:08
hi again molly, maybe I've missed something other than the "hidden" answer. The clue is a bit jumbled, so maybe another RT-er can help out here.
29 of 49  -   Report This Post

molly

4th April 2012, 13:26
I'm probably just miffed because I didn't see it!
30 of 49  -   Report This Post