CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

6th April 2012, 17:53
Yes helenb,

Guilty as charged...

I did start a persiflage thread many moons ago...but will admit to blatantly stealing the word from Tonyw.

I had never heard it before either.

Take care
71 of 86  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th April 2012, 17:55
Forgot to say I have not finished the crossies yet...a bit stuck.

Might just have a sneakpeeky later!
72 of 86  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th April 2012, 10:42
In answer to Les's question -- yes! And thanks again for all the hard work.
73 of 86  -   Report This Post

wendy

7th April 2012, 17:18
Well I've had great fun with this JE but have totally failed to complete it, largely due to my miserable knowledge of the film quotes.

Thanks Les and thanks to the other compilers (except Ixion!!!!! whose clues are fiendish).

Have a lovely Easter everyone.
74 of 86  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th April 2012, 17:22
Wendy,
the film quotes are pretty easy to google. still not finished, good fun tho.
75 of 86  -   Report This Post

wendy

7th April 2012, 20:55
Lord knows how we'd all manage without Mr. Google but we were staying in a hotel and internet access was only in the bar. I have a beautiful new iphone4s and couldn't use the damned thing!
76 of 86  -   Report This Post

penda

7th April 2012, 21:07
A real work of art Les
77 of 86  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th April 2012, 21:09
At the risk of making myself (even more?) unpopular, may I just raise a mild criticm, Les? Even if I could apparently have googled the film quotes, I must admit I'd never even heard of some of them, let alone knowing the dialogues of each by heart!Maybe I'm just better informed on music/food/famous women (?!) etc (I know those themes came up in other quizzes), but I feel the last phase of this puzzle was just a wee bit too specialized. Not that it wasn't fun in general, don't get me wrong,but I have the impression the real strength of the puzzles so far lay more in the cleverness of everybody's clues & less in the extra difficulties posed by the last couple.And please don't tyake that personally, Les: I, too, am more than grateful for all your work. Maybe other participants' remarks will clarify whether I'm in a minority of one or not!
78 of 86  -   Report This Post

les40

7th April 2012, 23:14
It's a fair point Greedy kite, I would be interested to know if others would like to see just a cryptic crossword puzzle with no themes, it's a lot easier for me to produce, however, it would mean that the time I save on not doing a theme would be taken by extra clue feedback and extra email correspondence which some times can be logistically frustrating.

All the other setters, please feel free to comment, your input is most important.

Les40
79 of 86  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th April 2012, 03:13
The following
80 of 86  -   Report This Post