CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

3rd April 2012, 23:36
Well done chaps, just looked at other thread, and Syzzie did finish this morning.
A real coincidence happened last night, well it was early in the morning about 1:30am on BBC 1 I think, I got into bed and switched on my TV and there was a program on about the two visitors to Edinburgh Zoo (RE: peterm's 57 Across) It was all about the transporting over by plane and all the work that went into it, very interesting.
41 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd April 2012, 23:42
Pennsylvanian soldiers are indeed demanding- especially on airplanes.
42 of 86  -   Report This Post

les40

3rd April 2012, 23:54
I know aristo, and when they got to the zoo, they just played with their weapons!
43 of 86  -   Report This Post

syzygy

4th April 2012, 06:03
Perhaps they trained this fellow:
(Don't peak until you've done 57A.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghgg_fukbvU

Sweet clue, peterm. Finally got the "consumer" connection.

A few other favourites that had me pondering:
4D, 7D, 37D, 39D, & 24D where I initially wrote PLACE.
Makes sense. The British refs are always a problem.
Wish I could compose tough ones like that.

Great job, everyone, & many thanks to Les for all the hard work providing us with the entertainment.

44 of 86  -   Report This Post

jws

4th April 2012, 09:30
Just 5 clues left. I liked the film theme and the hidden one is a favourite of mine.
45 of 86  -   Report This Post

helenb

4th April 2012, 10:06
I am still 23 short of a full house (9 of which are the film titles - well, we haven't been to the 'pictures' in years) so as the temperature has dropped 20 degrees I wont be gardening and can devote any spare time to attempting to complete this devilishly clever crossie. Very well done Les40 and all contributors.
46 of 86  -   Report This Post

peterm

4th April 2012, 10:24
I struck lucky with 57ac. The timing of the BBC report couldn't have been better.
47 of 86  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th April 2012, 11:37
Have at last printed it off and put it ready for tonight!

Thanks for all your time Les and sorry I'm not contributing to the persiflage but I don't want to spoil my fun!
48 of 86  -   Report This Post

pastille

4th April 2012, 11:41
Snap Wendy...just printed it off, laid aside for later and going to avoid the tread for a bit...

Hope you had a great birthday!

p@

Looks as if you have another hit Les...
49 of 86  -   Report This Post

les40

5th April 2012, 17:28
My TV is bloody haunted by this site (RE: my post 41 above). went to bed again last night around 1.30am ish, and what's starting on BBC4. A film with "INSPECTOR MONTALBANO".
Up to this week, I'd never heard of him.

I daren't put the radio on in case I hear Julian & Sandy (I never knew who they were until I asked one of our revered friends on here).

Anyway, back to business.
I have just completed a WORD doc with all the explanatory wordplay from the April Joint effort. I know a few are still working on the grid, but let me know when you want me to post this with the full crossword and solution page.
Thanks, Les40
50 of 86  -   Report This Post