CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

andy from the 'well watp

25th February 2012, 23:04
In one word - WHISKY
11 of 63  -   Report This Post

les40

25th February 2012, 23:06
I don't drink anymore andy, been dry for 4 years now mate. Whiskey might ease the toothache but would give me a whole new world of pain in other areas my friend, thanks for the concern though
12 of 63  -   Report This Post

syzygy

26th February 2012, 04:26
As comments on this site get rather randy at times, thought I'd mention clove oil is also considered an aphrodisiac:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/cfdke7
as well as helping with insomnia, etc. (see Stress)

Was going to make a joke about that, but I'll leave it to the resident wits.

13 of 63  -   Report This Post

wendy

26th February 2012, 10:30
What an excellent website. I had to laugh at this little tidbit:

Premature Ejaculation: Research has indicated that clove can be useful for treating premature ejaculation. Further research needs to be carried out to confirm these results.

I can't help wondering what you do with the cloves!

Also, I think I'll keep some in the medicine chest for treating Cholera!!! What a hoot.

Anyway ' nuff nonsense:

Les, hope you're not in too much pain today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (42 eh? You're just a spring chicken!)

I hope you don't mind decorating your own cake:

http://www.birthday-cards.com/birthdaycake/

14 of 63  -   Report This Post

les40

26th February 2012, 16:38
Thanks Syzzie, never knew it did all that.
It says it relieves stress and sounds like an all round elixir to lift one's spirits.
My spirits have just been lifted when Cardiff just scored against the scousers

Thanks to you too Wendy, I've had three virtual pieces already and feel virtually stuffed now... ha ha
15 of 63  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th February 2012, 16:56
Hi Les, I live near The Dreaming Spires, originally from Birkenhead which I am fond of saying was not then and is not now fit for a pig to live in. I thought you lived in America!
Further research on the effect of cloves on PE sounds fun, or not as the case may be.
So, Happy Birthday today. I make cakes, chose from Jess the Cat, Thomas the Tank Engine (in 3 D) or In the Night Garden. Nothing to do with cloves LOl

xx
16 of 63  -   Report This Post

les40

26th February 2012, 17:04
Hi Rosalind,
I'm surprised you thought I lived in America because I often comment on our UK/US anomalies with words and clues about British stuff.
I did ask where you lived yesterday, which I now think is France.
I live in Preston, Lancs. A pleasant sunny retreat... Not!
I'm sure it's Birkenhead I can smell when I open my windows. (That's a bit cheeky)
17 of 63  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th February 2012, 17:08
'appie burfday Les.
(from London).
18 of 63  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th February 2012, 17:13
Hi Les
I noticed your commenting on US/UK differences, but clearly got the wrong end of the proverbial.
The Dreaming Spires is Oxford!
and once every Preston Guild, I actually go there. Knee deep in tourists, usually, though I've only ever once been asked "Where is the University?" and, being the helpful peeps I am, I tell them.
The pong probably is Birkenhead, once a boom town!
R
19 of 63  -   Report This Post

les40

26th February 2012, 17:24
It's Preston Guild this year Rosalind, I don't know exactly what the planned celebrations are though, but if your popping up here for a visit, then don't hesitate to call in for a cup of tea and I will even buy you a cream cake.

Thanks for the Birthday message trevor, it's my first non-aspirated cockney 'appy burfday today
20 of 63  -   Report This Post