CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

25th February 2012, 02:20
Finished it (ish)
I'm going to send you an email Syzzie because I am not 100% with 3 clues.
I have words for the clues and am almost certain that they are correct, but need to check with you because it could be the US/UK misunderstanding or I'm not quite seeing the correct wordplay.

Other than that, a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours with a couple of new words for my brain.
21 of 49  -   Report This Post

syzygy

25th February 2012, 02:31
Sure. That was quick.

Was just reading "Weekend warm up".

Brilliant puzzle by Ixion. Looks like jazzgirl cheated again. "berkstopper" has caught her before. Not sure if I should comment.

22 of 49  -   Report This Post

les40

25th February 2012, 02:54
Have you got the email Syzzie, forget what I have put for 2 Down, The penny has just dropped.
23 of 49  -   Report This Post

syzygy

25th February 2012, 03:07
Composing a reply as we speak (?)
24 of 49  -   Report This Post

les40

25th February 2012, 03:07
I agree,

ixion's puzzle was a work of genius, I looked at it early afternoon and didn't get it really, but just read through his later posts and see that it was relating to "The" in French which I just didn't get at first. (should have seen it really with the word "Les" being used)... Oh well, i'll try and pay better attention next week.
25 of 49  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

25th February 2012, 04:28
Finished. Three wordplay questions, but will have to wait. Off to beddie-bye. Another good one.
26 of 49  -   Report This Post

syzygy

25th February 2012, 04:58
Well done. I'm willing to field questions, & if I'm away, Les will probably pick up on it.

Next time I can post a harder one. Well, that's relative to the solver. Didn't want to spook anyone, but there hasn't been much response except for the hard-core.
Odd, since there was a flurry re the Atlantic.

I'll wait a bit because the next Joint Effort should be out soon, & then the Genius.

27 of 49  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2012, 17:39
Just got there, Syzygy, and it was fun! Especially compared with Paul's annoying "Guardian" effort this morning ( I don't think I'm prejudiced...). Could you explain 21 d, though, which I presume is clue f. I have "geezers", but don't follow the wordplay: is "gees" somehow "goes"? Maybe I'm completely wrong...
28 of 49  -   Report This Post

syzygy

25th February 2012, 20:57
That's right.

21D. Endless ZIP = ZERO. Goes right = GEES ( like horses).
So, GEE(ZER)S

29 of 49  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2012, 21:07
Well, I never! And "haw" means to turn left!What a weird & wonderful world! Thanks for the education!
30 of 49  -   Report This Post