CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

13th January 2012, 20:19
Hi again Bees
Yes it was set in Cornwall with Jack Shepherd in the main role.
Cheers!
J
31 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th January 2012, 20:22
Hi Seamus
I had to google both your words. I like to learn something new every day. Thanks for that.
J
32 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th January 2012, 11:43
Thanks jazzgirl for all your hints and suggestions. Good to see you back with us Chris4food.
33 of 46  -   Report This Post

minstrel boy

14th January 2012, 12:51
Hi Folks...I need some hints on 12a and 23a.
34 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th January 2012, 12:55
hi Minstrel Boy
12a is a wholesaler, but also a part of a car's engine
23a take the first letters of "law as it's clerical"
J
35 of 46  -   Report This Post

butterfly

14th January 2012, 23:23
Hi all - got to this weeks late but managed it quite well. Some good clues I thought. Liked 20d as it's where I live. Not quite sure how the first part of 5d fits with clue though and never heard of 23a!
36 of 46  -   Report This Post

nimrod

15th January 2012, 11:21
Good morning Butterfly!
Yes 20D is a lovely place.
5D - I took to mean if something is not major, then it is not the centre of attention and is put to one side is therefore minor.
23A comes from Latin meaning "of the people" and we have the word "laity" and "lay" which are people not in the clergy.
Clerical beginners provides you with the "C" at the end of the word to provide another word that means secular or lay.
A good clue I thought!
Regards,
NIMROD
37 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

15th January 2012, 11:23
Hi Butterfly. I think `side` means `minor` as surely no one thinks Burns a minor poet. No Scot, anyway ! As for 23 ac, this compiler has a few favourite words; this is one of them !
M.
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

minstrel boy

15th January 2012, 16:41
Hi there Jazzgirl.Many thanks for your help...I've now completed the crossword.
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

wee jock

15th January 2012, 18:18
HOWDY FOLKS

A rather belated HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!and a
Bessing on all ye who are poor in health or are heavy laden.

I must apologise for my truancy of late and lack of input (For what mine is worth?)but I
have been finishing all the crosswords although not necessarily posting them to RT.
I must say that the first three puzzles of 2012 have been up to standard for this compiler,witty,concise and difficult enough
to be a challenge to ones brain(mine anyway!).Pity about his reference to the
minor poet, though,but we'll forgive him/her
for a' that(a Man's a Man).
Dear PIPESMOKER fancy you remembering your first entry to this site and my ticking you off about answers. What a gentleman you are
to have taken it so kindly! I blush for shame at my audacity!
However,I have not changed my views about
straight answers to clues and would like to suggest, without putting my Grumpy Old Man's
hat on,that you good people who wish such answers to go to CHRIS MART'S website(just Google this)and you'll get all the answers to the RTcrosswords every week,early.(He's made a botch of the grid this week but the answers are all there. I wonder if anyone has told him.
Glad to see a lot of usual suspects back to this site but still no KAREN!

NUFF SAID THE NOO
WARMEST GREETINGS
WEE JOCK

40 of 46  -   Report This Post