CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

1st January 2012, 15:30
Thanks for noticing my absence, Trevor. I wasn't in the huff or anything, just the usual round of festive duties keeping me away from the computer.

Hi, Rosalind. Does one have to actually do something to be ennobled? I said Happy Christmas to a local Tory. Surely that would be enough. Mrs P says I should get an OBE (Other B****rs' Efforts) for asking for help with my crosswords.

Anyway, I have done my first crossword of the year. RT2, which once I got my thinking cap on, wasn't too bad.

Best wishes to all for now.

P
41 of 46  -   Report This Post

mysteriousgirl

1st January 2012, 15:31
Happy New year to everyone, good luck in 2012 with crossword solving
42 of 46  -   Report This Post

the joker

1st January 2012, 15:48
Pipesmoker
How low can one get in their efforts for ennoblement?
I would like to point out that since the much heralded arrival recently, of the two giant pandas here in Edinburgh,there are now more giant pandas in Scotland than there are Tory MPs.
TJ
43 of 46  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st January 2012, 15:56
lol joker...

..and lang may it stay that way...

Sending bestest thoughts to all!

p@ x

ps feeling a tad delicate, so will leave my haggi spotting for another day. Rumour has it there may be a "skin" of them under our recently collapsed plot shed!!!
44 of 46  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st January 2012, 16:54
Ah TJ, but giant pandas, as everyone knows, are bears of very little brain.

I rather think you have to do something to get ennobled, Pipesmoker. Found a conservation society, perhaps?

Oxford is a dangerous place in which to live, though less so since Morse departed this life.
45 of 46  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st January 2012, 20:26
So sorry...I have just realised I previously gave you the wrong "collective term" for the Haggis.

The proper term is a "Pluck of Haggi".

p@x

Yes, it was wine o'clock a while ago, waiting on g&t o'clock...
46 of 46  -   Report This Post