CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

17th November 2011, 17:14
aristophanes, if you had a wolverine sitting on your bed is there any chance you might think it was a weasel or polecat. assuming you were sober of course.
81 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th November 2011, 17:20
There's a wolverine there at the moment as it happens (I think its name is Albemarle). Either it was attracted to my Ghirardelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao (All Natural) or it'a a result of it. The polecats are out in my woods.
82 of 121  -   Report This Post

rambler

17th November 2011, 17:22
Neil, to stop it getting too complicated do you think that if a clue is called 'open' we don't mind how many goes anyone has?
83 of 121  -   Report This Post

trevor

17th November 2011, 17:23
My idea was similar to Neil.
If a clue is not solved in a certain amount of time (maybe a bit longer than 30 mins - 40?) then the slate gets wiped clean and everybody can solve/set new clues again.

Still, it seemed to work today and made it to 4:30, not bad at all i reckon.
cheers rambler.
84 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th November 2011, 17:23
We have something here called a fisher cat, like a weasel on steroids. I heard about a couple who were walking their two German shepherds and encountered one; it killed them both (the dogs, not the couple). Wery wery wicious.
85 of 121  -   Report This Post

phillip

17th November 2011, 17:28
rambler,I quite like trevor's idea. clean slate,all back in,game on.
86 of 121  -   Report This Post

rambler

17th November 2011, 17:29
I like the idea of only one go per week to stop the game being dominated by just a few. You could only go again on an open clues as many times as you like to keep it as simple as possible? I think that might keep the game moving but it's up to the forum to decide.
87 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th November 2011, 17:32
But here a polecat is a skunk. A very endearing creature, though not very astute in vehicular traffic. Can be smelled from hundreds of yards away.
88 of 121  -   Report This Post

phillip

17th November 2011, 17:34
aristophanes, perhaps killing alastians is part of the training for minor league baseball teams. seems a bit extreme.
89 of 121  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th November 2011, 17:36
I like the idea of throwing a clue open to previous solvers, if no correct answer has come in on the 30-minute deadline.
Who else, apart from me, was screaming the answer at the screen and frustrated at not being able to answer ;0)
90 of 121  -   Report This Post