CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

17th November 2011, 19:09
No, with a bit of luck he might miss it. Yes sorry about that, hope Dja will add GMT cos I'm not going to alter it again!
111 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th November 2011, 19:52
Nasty, rambler. But that's OK, you just take the protectionist route. And I had such fun clues in store. Don't miss the Moose-orgsky this weekend. (Hm. Twelve o'clock...minus...five...is...)
112 of 121  -   Report This Post

rambler

17th November 2011, 22:47
Hi aristo just seen an American TV prog.- 'Old Jews Telling Jokes'

Guy goes into dry-goods store 'You got any dates?'

'No I don't have any dates'

'You got any nuts?'

'If I had any nuts I'd get some dates'

Time for zzzzzzzzzzzz
113 of 121  -   Report This Post

pastille

17th November 2011, 23:19
rambler???

What is going on in your head right now?

Earlier on I thought you were being really abusive to Mr A.?

Now you are cracking "Jewish jokes".

I am very confused...is this just your sense of humour?

Or should I be offended?

Hope not...

p@
114 of 121  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th November 2011, 00:47
still confused?...

Mr A ...WHAT IS GOING ON?
115 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th November 2011, 02:02
Can't answer for rambler, pastille; he's a bit of a mystery. Perhaps he thinks I'm Jewish. By the way, it just occurred to me that I have to miss the next session too (drat!), since Thursday's a mega-holiday here- you know, the Pilgrims and Wampanoags thing. I'll be peeling winter squash and turnips, no doubt, and looking through the bushes for a nice chubby turkey.
116 of 121  -   Report This Post

rambler

18th November 2011, 08:10
Oh dear! I never thought that aristo would take me seriously; I thought he would realize that. I never thought nor cared about anyone's ethnicity. The programme is genuine on BBC 4. I thought aristo would appreciate the joke after the 'emasculation' clue on ixions thread. If I've offended anyone I am very sorry.
117 of 121  -   Report This Post

wendy

18th November 2011, 09:05
Rambler, I don't think for one moment that you've offended anyone. This new game is a great idea and one which will afford us lots of pleasure. Thanks for your hard work.
118 of 121  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th November 2011, 12:09
i think Pasty just got hold of the wrong end of the stick, easy to do with the written word.

Here's the program shown by dear old Auntie Beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Old%20Jews%20Telling%20Jokes

and the website,

oldjewstellingjokes.com/

sorry you won't be here next time Aristo but have a good thanksgiving.
119 of 121  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th November 2011, 13:07
We red-blooded American males are more thick-skinned than that. We all have the above-mentioned jockstrap, of course (a sort of counterpart to the security blanket), and I'm sure it's safe to say that most do what I do when faced with either an ethical dilemma or some interpersonal outrage: go to the piano and play a Bach fugue. Now, looking forward to the sounds of Thanksgiving (gobblegobblegobblebang!).
120 of 121  -   Report This Post