CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

2nd November 2011, 22:53
Very funny. I noticed that when you play it backwards you hear (if you listen very carefully) "Where...is...Bullfrog?" Spooky or what? Happy All Souls' Day!
11 of 101  -   Report This Post

pastille

2nd November 2011, 22:56
Good point Mr A.

Where is Bull frog?

I don't like when the "regulars" go awol!

p@ :(
12 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

2nd November 2011, 23:02
We have only a four-hour time difference this week. Seems a world away.
13 of 101  -   Report This Post

jws

2nd November 2011, 23:37
Glad everybody liked it. I must confess I found it by accident when looking for soemthing else.
14 of 101  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

3rd November 2011, 11:55
Hello, and thanks for your concern, aristo and pastille. No problems here, just a strange and interesting few days which have diverted me from my normal routine. It started on Saturday at my son's football match. He plays for the next village and I write a match report and take a few photos for the club website. So... about ten minutes into the game the referee stopped the game because of a pitch invasion --- by a cow. She was a big beast and wandered around the pitch terrorising the players until the referee showed her a red card, which caused her to give him a pat in return (a cowpat that is) before leaving the pitch. I sent one of the pictures to a local paper which printed it on Tuesday, leading to a photo agency calling me and offering to try to sell it and any others I had to the national press (for a fee, obviously). Since then the world has gone cow-crazy! The pictures appeared in the Daily Mail online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056194/Cow-given-red-card-invades-amateur-football-match-Potterspury.html?ito=feeds-newsxml) and the Daily Mirror paper and online editions, before being picked up by various other websites, and the team manager and captain have been interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live, Talksport, and BBC Radio Northants, and the incident was also discussed on Chris Evans' Breakfast Show on Radio 2.
The agent is now trying to sell the picture to various magazines, and there's a mobile phone video which should appear on Sky TV's Soccer AM on Saturday. Hopefully we can translate all this publicity into some sponsorship for the team!

So, today life has returned to normal (at least until the offers start coming in from Hollywood) and the first thing to do is congratulate pastille on her triumph in Clueless. Well done!
15 of 101  -   Report This Post

pastille

3rd November 2011, 12:25
Bullrog,

Sounds like you have had some fun filled days.

The calls from Hollywood could yet come. If they can make a film about a sheep herding pig, why not a football playing cow...

Stay by your phone...

And thanks for the congrats.
16 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd November 2011, 12:27
Seems to have created quite a flap (do you use that word over there?). Wave to me when you're flying over on your way to LA. Perhaps today's informal competition can be coming up with titles for the Hollywood version.
So Bullfrog isn't your given name? This after finding out that sudokulover is a woman.
17 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd November 2011, 12:35
"Dropkick"- starring Sandra Bullock
18 of 101  -   Report This Post

bernie

3rd November 2011, 12:59
Bull Durham, starring Eric Heffer.
19 of 101  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd November 2011, 12:59
"Pitch Pie: The Moovie"