CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

29th October 2011, 19:13
Hello old gal
you really are an inspiration and I know how hard it is for you. But you are doing so well and I send you my best wishes.
Hope these hints help:
18a someone who runs an eating establishment. First 4 letters mean "to take a break", last 4 letters anagram of "true", middle 4 letters mean "ambience".
9a Another word for sanctuary. The last letter of "happy" in the middle of a word for a ghetto, rhymes with glum.
Keep up the good work and hope you will feel more cheerful after Monday's treatment.
Take care.
Jazzgirl
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th October 2011, 21:15
Thanks Jazzgirl - had actually pencilled in the answer for 9a but couldn't work out all the connections! Back to ruminating on the others - stick around, girl - will need you later.......
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

teapot

30th October 2011, 18:41
Hello all. Haven't been on forum for some time because I have been in the ozzie. I just came on to wish Old Gal, Pipesmoker, Navigator and anyone else who is poorly, all the best and hope you are all getting on ok. Old Gal, hope the chemo isn't too orrible. So sorry you have to put up with that. Your hair will come back, won't it? If not,how about a tea- cozy? You seem to have a good sense of humour. My friend wore a pink and silver wig she got off a seventies costume site. Her hair is back now with a vengeance! Nothing to do with crosswords. I haven't done any lately - I just like a natter! Hope that's allowed.TTFN.
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th October 2011, 18:44
Hi teapot
Or I should say G'day !
Welcome back to the cold.

34 of 36  -   Report This Post

lilacwine

30th October 2011, 20:14
As a new member on here, I have been unaware of all the problems that folk are suffering. I send big hugs and well wishing vibes to all suffering - in particular to Pipesmoker and Old Gal. Old gal - good luck with the chemo this week. I will be thinking of you.

((((((()))))))
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st October 2011, 10:56
Good Morning, All.

Many thanks to Teapot, Lilacwine and all others who have sent good wishes. Life isn't too intolerable, really. My own moans pale into insignificance compared with many I meet.

Wee Stinker day, so must go and attire myself for a five minute return trip to the newsagent. (I am too miserable to pay for having my paper delivered).

Best wishes to all.

P
36 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 44