CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

r ambler

26th October 2011, 16:05
Went to Springfields on Sunday and earned some brownie points from Mrs mog. First time since March.
11 of 36  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

26th October 2011, 17:12
Good afternoon all,

I agree with Pipesmoker that it's a pleasure when someone else starts the Radio Times thread and I have to admit that I do hold back on occasions rather than be the first again.

Having said that, and confessing my guilt at the same time, I will admit that I when I collect my Radio Times on a Tuesday morning, I can't resist turning to the crossword straight away and making a start...

I didn't experience any problems with this puzzle and I'll drop in from time to time to see how everyone else is getting on.

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
12 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

27th October 2011, 19:29
If this crossword is so easy, why can't I finish it? Four still to do! Can anyone give me a clue for 17d please?
13 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th October 2011, 20:33
Hello Bees
I have only just checked in and found your call for help.
17d You are looking for another word for "justify" .Starting with W (for Western)with a scottish isle in the middle.
Best of luck
14 of 36  -   Report This Post

butterfly

27th October 2011, 23:31
Hi everyone - long time no see. Still having a few health problems but I won't dwell on that. Found this weeks fairly easy once I got into it apart from 7 across, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
15 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th October 2011, 08:01
Hi Butterly
I hope you feel better soon.
7a is a mollusc. The word appears in the clue if you read across. I started collecting sea shells when I was young and we lived near the sea. I have two of these beautiful ones, which have a pearly sheen and came from Guernsey
16 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th October 2011, 08:03
*sorry for calling you butterly!
Apologies Butterfly.
17 of 36  -   Report This Post

charlotte

28th October 2011, 18:50
Way,way behind this week.I made a start on Tuesday night,then was out Wednesday and Thursday nights (unusually).I have gone back to it tonight but can't get my brain into gear.Am stuck on top RH corner and bottom LH corner.Any help gratefully received.
Charlotte
18 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th October 2011, 19:27
Hi Charlotte
I only check-in here about 3 times a day, so have only just found your message.
If it helps here are clues to 2 of the longer ones.
8a the key word is "chamber" and is a part of the heart.
23a another word for "to go along with" (i.e. a friend on a walk etc.)
Hope this helps for now.

19 of 36  -   Report This Post

charlotte

28th October 2011, 19:35
Jazzgirl,
You are a life-saver!
How could I have missed 23A? And I should have got 8A.
Charlotte

20 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 44