CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

r ambler

11th October 2011, 17:04
Hi, gk. I've been mulling over this post since we both gave 'radar'.I shall probably regret it but have decided to say that I think it would have been gentlemanly to acknowledge my post.
41 of 68  -   Report This Post

danny

11th October 2011, 17:12
Quite what is Wendy crowing about. Her contribution amounts to nothing (as usual).
42 of 68  -   Report This Post

phillip

11th October 2011, 17:15
There must be a longer word than Buggy. Otherwise this is all a bit of an anticlimax. I'm sure Theambler has something special up his sleeve.
43 of 68  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th October 2011, 17:20
Phillip,

For what it's worth, I agree but I'm damned if I can see what other words we can make given only one vowel (or several "U"s).

I'm wondering whether we've got one of the answers wrong.

As for Danny, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not a chicken - I certainly don't crow and none of this will be over until the fat lady sings. The words "Go, urinate and rope" spring to mind!
44 of 68  -   Report This Post

danny

11th October 2011, 17:28
Wendy, who is the "we" who may have a wrong answer. It certainly does not include you. You did not supply one answer. As per usual just a load of fatuous nonsense.
45 of 68  -   Report This Post

theambler

11th October 2011, 17:32
Hi all
Really really pleased with your progress
You may have got the strays but what about
a clue above all clues.
I will call time tomorrow evening sometime
Until then Be Good
and Buona Journo
THEA
46 of 68  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th October 2011, 17:43
Sorry,Thea:don't understand what you mean by "a clue above all clues"---do you mean an even shorter one,or a clue covering all of the clues? Maybe my grasp of English is a bit wonky..................
47 of 68  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th October 2011, 17:45
Maybe the Clue (above all the other clues) is

7. I’ll call time when someone crosses the line ( and the Tees)

Just a thought. Danny will no doubt help with the answer.
48 of 68  -   Report This Post

r ambler

11th October 2011, 18:19
Hi, gk. I'll just have to accept that you are rude as well as self-obsessed. Do you live alone?
49 of 68  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th October 2011, 18:29
Hi,mog! What on earth are you talking about?We got to "radar" at the same moment,and since nothing has been decided yet,and I acknowledged averyone's co-operation,I assume you belong to that tiny minority on this forum that gets its kicks out of TRYING to provoke/insult others.No,I do not live alone;no,I am not self-obsessed,just happy (but maybe that's s'thing you don't know).Do not feel obliged to justify every word I say here,either.So just get down from your pathetic stallion & accept other participants as equals.We can't all be like you,thank God.And now back to the otherwise very pleasant competition.....
50 of 68  -   Report This Post