CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

julie, aberdeen

25th August 2011, 18:42
I agree Siamcat "clue setting for fun" although my word choice would be "Pedantic"
81 of 106  -   Report This Post

terry as was

25th August 2011, 18:46
Clueless is supposed to be a bit of fun. There are no rules but even if there were it wouldn't matter because the judge can do what he/she likes. I liked aristophanes clue but what I thought didn't matter a jot. The judge decides on whatever criterion takes his/her fancy.
Anybody who wants to argue about the result/winning clue is free to do so but all they are doing is being a party pooper.

I liked Siamcat's idea of Hurricane if Aristophanes finds himself in Kansas. Perhaps,if he agrees, Aristophanes could say something like....... If I haven't posted clueless 36 (or whatever) by 1700 bst next tuesday take hurricane (or something else) as the given word.

No yankee spellings mind, Aristo.
82 of 106  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 18:53
This seems like a good plan...

But hoping to here from our Mr A.

83 of 106  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 18:54
or even hear...
84 of 106  -   Report This Post

peterm

25th August 2011, 19:01
There may be an interesting discussion to be had on clue construction/conventions/rules etc, but I don't think a Clueless thread is the place for it. It just puts people off.

If people are interested, it should be a separate thread.
85 of 106  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 19:29
I agree...
86 of 106  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

25th August 2011, 19:31
Good idea- HURRICANE's the word if I'm swept away. And I agree with rambler, that every word should be significant, but don't agree that "Brit" was superfluous any more than "to a Yank" or "Jock's" or "in Oz" would be. I could have just said "makes crazy" but this not only seemed a better clue but was also (I think) funnier. Off to mother-in-law's on Block Island Sound to prep for possible Big One (this just after Tuesday's earthquake!).
87 of 106  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

25th August 2011, 19:34
Stay safe Aristophanes and beagle.
88 of 106  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th August 2011, 19:55
well put Aristo - stay safe.

Bullfrog, Bernie et al,do you remember 'The Bollock Brothers'?
they hung onto the coat tails of the sex pistols.
Their leader/lead singer was a very unpleasant character called Jock' McDonald.
89 of 106  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th August 2011, 20:28
Now Boys...

I think you are just talking a load of Jacksons...
90 of 106  -   Report This Post