CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry as was

24th August 2011, 16:40
Jazzgirl , as she said herself, merely pointed out the obvious and Pastille agreed.
But Wendy took it as a personal insult and responded as she thought appropriate - raising the troll thing. There was no need for it.
41 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th August 2011, 16:47
Thanks terry as was
Polite mediation is the best option always.
Hope this ends the matter successfully ?
42 of 52  -   Report This Post

terry as was

24th August 2011, 16:48
The Mrs Grundy who attracted (deservedly) adverse comments was,I think, the pre-registration Mrs Grundy. The post- registration Mrs Grundy (who may or may not be the same person) has been sweetness and light.
43 of 52  -   Report This Post

wendy

24th August 2011, 16:53
Terry as was, Rusty said

In reply to Post 4 from Wendy, Mrs Grundy has helped many people with answers on this forum and I doubt that she needs catty remarks like yours!

What sort of mouse do you think I am to stand by and take an insult like that!

Mrs. Grundy is a highly intelligent lady of some 92 years (I think she said) and I'm hardly likely to be "catty" to somewone of her stature. She's a damned sight more clever than I am and whether I've over-reacted to Rusty's remark is neither here nor there. He/she should have been a little more careful before he/she posted something so nasty.

Yes I am hurt - and he/she has got the better of me because I've better things to do than sit around here waiting for his/her insults to pour in.

YUP - you've guessed it, I'm highly piffed off!!!

44 of 52  -   Report This Post

terry as was

24th August 2011, 17:03
Wendy,
You protest too much.

Everybody else realised that Rusty had got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Why didn't you.

If you are that sensitive you must find life very trying. As for Mrs Grundy's pedigree, well,she can say what she likes can't she, it can't be proved or disproved.
45 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th August 2011, 17:08
Wendy, I am sorry you are obviously very upset by all this. I feel it is now up to Rusty to apologize to you as I am sure he/she now realises it was simply a mis-reading. Please ?
46 of 52  -   Report This Post

trevor

24th August 2011, 17:20
laugh it off Wendy, it wasn't much of an insult anyway!

you saying

"people like Rusty (or is it Phillip in disguise)"

might offend people (Rusty and Phillip,at least)
just as much.i like a good ding-dong though.
47 of 52  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

24th August 2011, 17:24
Time out!
48 of 52  -   Report This Post

trevor

24th August 2011, 17:24
Wendy, i forgot to put a smiley at the end so here are two, ☺ ☻.
49 of 52  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th August 2011, 17:42
Hi Wendy,

Don't stay away for long...

I'm still a bit miffed that Bernie has not answered my earlier queries about whether or not we were talking about the same thread.

Posts 14/19/21

I need to know!!!

It will haunt me...
50 of 52  -   Report This Post