CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

harrhy

16th July 2009, 21:01
I like (8)Long time no see
I had See out the century!

and instead of the undoubtedly correct (16) Clerical error
I had
I'm impressed
No! I know its an n and not an m :-)
but it was nearly there
That was good fun!
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

16th July 2009, 21:36
Hi Harrhy,

I'M IMPRESSED is very inventive and could have been a good answer. To say the least I'm impressed too.
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

campanilla

16th July 2009, 21:51
Hi John, just one more thing. I think that the answer to No. 13 could be "undercover whistleblower" rather than policeman, as that is exactly what he is doing?
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

16th July 2009, 21:56
Thanks campanilla,

I'll put that down as well. It's one of these difficult ones, as the answer the compiler chose will be deemed as correct, whereas there are several equally apt answers to some of them.
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

bees

17th July 2009, 12:22
OED gives no results for Googling or Googleing.
Google is "To use the Google search engine to find information on the Internet" (intransitive) or To search for information about (a person or thing) using the Google search engine (transitive).
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th July 2009, 14:25
Hmmm. So according to OED it should be "Several hours of Google.". That just doesn't sound quite right to me.
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

campanilla

1st August 2009, 23:14
Hi John,

How did we do with the pictures? Were they right?
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

2nd August 2009, 00:01
Hi campanilla,

I don't know yet as the closing date isn't for a few weeks. I'll let you know when I get the answers.
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

campanilla

2nd August 2009, 00:06
Good man, by the way if you get any more, please do pass them on, that was the best one we have had for a long time.
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

7th August 2009, 20:44
Sorry to disappoint you all, but the answers to this one are now delayed until November!!! They decided to delay the closing date to allow more people to enter. I guess I'll just have to wait for our prize, but be assured when the £10 does finally arrive I'll spend it wisely on a nice Cabernet and there may be enough change for a tin of Green & Black's special 72% cocoa powder.
30 of 34  -   Report This Post