CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

7th August 2009, 23:00
November? NOVEMBER???? I realize that life goes at a slower pace out in the backwoods, but four months??? You do realize, John, that with the way the economy is going, by the time you win the ten pounds inflation will have reared its ugly head and you'll probably end up owing them money, so there goes the Cabernet and very likely the cocoa too!!!
31 of 34  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th August 2009, 23:54
November? No-fexxxng-vember?
32 of 34  -   Report This Post

jimc

8th August 2009, 00:37
I wonder which November, which year; John o'A doesn't say...
33 of 34  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

8th August 2009, 12:46
Well I hope it will be 2009, but who can tell. I suspect that there were very few entries and they have delayed the announcement of the winner until the Christmas Fayre (Nov 7th) to allow more competition. I know that doesn't seem very fair to all the collective effort that went into solving the quiz, but the prize will bring so much more pleasure after such a wait. You do all realise of course that, unlike Spain, here on Arran "manyana" means "maybe I'll come next month and see if I can be bothered to give you an estimate, or perhaps it will be a nice day and I'll be playing golf".
34 of 34  -   Report This Post