CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

georgie girl

9th August 2010, 23:02
Check out the second verse of http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/thesunhasgothishaton.shtml" target="blank" > this popular song.
861 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

11th August 2010, 09:07
Three dogs were sitting in the waiting room at the vet's when they struck up a conversation. The Yellow Lab turned to the Chocolate Lab and said, "So why are you here?"

The Chocolate Lab replied, "I'm a pisser. I piss on everything....the sofa, the curtains, the cat, the kids. But the final straw was last night when I pissed in the middle of my owner's bed."

The Yellow Lab said, "So what is the vet going to do?"

"Gonna cut my nuts off," came the reply from the Chocolate Lab. "They reckon it'll calm me down."

The Yellow Lab then turned to the Black Lab and asked "why are you here?"

The Black Lab said, "I'm a digger. I dig under fences, dig up flowers and trees, I dig just for the hell of it. When I'm inside, I dig up the carpets. But I went over the line last night when I dug a great big hole in my owners' couch."

"So what are they going to do to you?" the Yellow Lab inquired.

"Looks like I'm losing my nuts too," the dejected Black Lab said.

The Black Lab then turned to the Great Dane and asked, "Why are you here?"

"I'm a humper," the Great Dane. "I'll hump anything. I'll hump the cat, a pillow, the table, and fence posts, whatever. I want to hump everything I see.”

Yesterday, my owner had just got out of the shower and was bending down to dry her toes, and I just couldn't help myself. I hopped on her back and started hammering away."

The Black and the Chocolate Labs exchanged a sad glance and said, "So, it's nuts off for you too, huh?"

The Great Dane said, "No, I'm here to get my nails clipped.”
862 of 1953  -   Report This Post

bees

18th August 2010, 19:50
This thread had crept all the way down to page 17, but it's back!
In a menage-a-trois, does the most inhibited person get a bronze medal for coming third?
863 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

19th August 2010, 13:37
Thanks Bees - I been away.

Have you ever wondered what happens to old computers that you have sent for recycling? Here's the answer: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/08/04/magazine/20100815-dump.html
864 of 1953  -   Report This Post

coline

20th August 2010, 20:09
Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me,
But I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"??

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation.. I tell them
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously...
"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Cell phones, don't you just love them!
865 of 1953  -   Report This Post

sonni

21st August 2010, 10:48
A friend of mine just started his own business, making landmines that look like prayer mats.
It's doing well.

He says Prophets are going through the roof.
866 of 1953  -   Report This Post

(1,6,3,1,4)

21st August 2010, 21:15
So what's the answer to the poser at post 789? Is it the really obvious:

a) there are two counters that have black on one side, so it's a 50/50 chance as to which one you've picked. Therefore black and white are both equally likely to be the hidden colour.

Or is it the slightly less obvious (and probably the one I'd go for):

b) there are three ways you could be looking at a black side - by choosing the double-sided black counter and putting it down either way up, or by picking the black and white counter and placing it black side up. The first two of these will give black as the hidden colour and the third will give white, so black is twice as likely as white to be the hidden colour.
867 of 1953  -   Report This Post

simon

21st August 2010, 22:06
Two to one on that your original choice was a 'double' ie white/white or black/black. ergo two to one that 'down' side is same colour as visible side.
868 of 1953  -   Report This Post

pat

21st August 2010, 22:31
I think you meant to conclude 'Ergo two to one on that hidden side is same colour as visible side.'
869 of 1953  -   Report This Post

def

22nd August 2010, 01:04
I've just heard that my friend in Australia has been committed to a mental institution. Apparently he bought a new boomerang and went crazy trying to throw the old one away.
870 of 1953  -   Report This Post