CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hamish

30th July 2010, 16:03
This is why Scots are smart, practical, and sensitive!

A Catholic priest, a doctor, a rich businessman and a Scotsman from Glasgow were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers in front of them.

The Scotsman fumed, 'What's with that bunch? We're waiting fifteen minutes between shots!'

The doctor chimed in, 'I don't know, but I've never seen such poor golf!'

The rich businessman called out, 'Get a move on, time is money!'

The Catholic priest said, 'Here comes the green keeper. Let's have a word with him. 'Excuse me, sir!' said the priest, 'What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?'

The greenkeeper replied, 'Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime.'

The group fell silent for a moment.

The Catholic priest said, 'That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.'

The doctor said, 'Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything that he might be able to do for them.'

The rich businessman replied, 'I think I'll donate £10,000 to the fire fighters union in honour of these brave souls!'

The Scotsman said, 'Why the f**k can't they play at night?
851 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

4th August 2010, 09:25
Should this be posted in every school?

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1 : Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2 : The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3 : You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4 : If you think your teacher is tough, wait 'till you get a boss.

Rule 5 : Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6 : If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault , so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7 : Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now.. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8 : Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9 : Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10 : Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11 : Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
852 of 1953  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

4th August 2010, 20:58
Sam stood over his tee shot on the 450 yard 18th hole for what seemed an eternity.

He waggled, looked up, looked down, waggled again, but didn't start his back swing.

Finally his exasperated partner asked, 'What in the world is taking so long?'

'My wife is watching me from the clubhouse balcony,' Sam explained. 'I want to make a perfect shot.'

His companion said, 'You don't have a chance in hell of hitting her from here.'
853 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

6th August 2010, 11:39
Let's put the seniors in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
In jail:
This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.
They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.
Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.
Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.
Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
In a home:
The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.
Lights off at 8pm , and showers once a week.
Live in a tiny room and pay £900.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.
Justice for all we say.
854 of 1953  -   Report This Post

chris

6th August 2010, 12:38
The good thing about Natural Selection is that sooner or later the Creationists will become extinct.
855 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

7th August 2010, 13:25
=: FOR WOMEN ONLY :=

~ Reason to smile: every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobic class pulls a hamstring.

~ Women over 50 don't have babies, because they would put them down and forget where they left them.

~ One of life's mysteries is how a 2 lb box of candy can make a woman gain 5 lbs.

~ The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

~ Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks two sizes!

~ I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day.

~ I know what Victoria's Secret is. The secret is that nobody older than 30 can fit into their stuff.

~ If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck?
856 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

8th August 2010, 07:50
A bride on her wedding night says to her husband 'I must confess darling, I was a hooker!'.
He says 'That's all right, dear. Your past is your past, but I must admit that I find it quite erotic. Tell me about it'.
She replies 'Well, my name was Nigel, and I played for Wigan !'.
857 of 1953  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

9th August 2010, 15:24
THE FEMALE DEMERIT SYSTEM

In the world of romance, one single rule applies:
Make the woman happy.
Do something she likes and you get points.
Do something she dislikes and points are subtracted.
You don't get any points for doing something she expects.
Sorry, that's the way the game is played.

Here is a guide to the point system:

SIMPLE DUTIES

You make the bed (+1)
You make the bed, but forget the decorative pillow (0)
You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets (-1)
You go out to buy her what she wants (+5)
... in the rain (+8)
... but return with Beer (-5)
You check out a suspicious noise at night (+1)
You check out a suspicious noise, and it is nothing (0)
You check out a suspicious noise and it is something (+5)
You pummel it with an iron rod (+10)
It's her pet (-20)

SOCIAL ENGAGEMENTS

You stay by her side the entire party (0)
You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with an old school
friend (-2)
Named Tina (-10)
Tina is a dancer (-20)
Tina has silicone implants (-80)

HER BIRTHDAY

You take her out to dinner (+2)
You take her out to dinner and it's not a sports bar (+3)
Okay, it's a sports bar (-2)
... and it's all-you-can-eat night (-3)
It's a sports bar, it's all-you-can-eat night,
and your face is painted the colours of your favourite team (-10)

A NIGHT OUT

You take her to a movie (+1)
You take her to a movie she likes (+3)
You take her to a movie you hate (+6)
You take her to a movie you like (-2)
It's called 'Death Cop' (-3)
You lied and said it was a foreign film about orphans (-15)

YOUR PHYSIQUE

You develop a noticeable potbelly (-15)
You develop a noticeable potbelly and exercise to get rid of it (+10)
You develop a noticeable potbelly and resort to baggy jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts (-30)
You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too." (-8000)

THE BIG QUESTION

She asks, "Do I look fat?" (-5) (Yes, you lose points no matter what)
You hesitate in responding (-10)
You reply, "Where?" (-35)
Any other response (-20)

COMMUNICATION

When she wants to talk about a problem, you listen, displaying what looks like a concerned expression (0)
You listen, for over 30 minutes (+50)
You listen for more than 30 minutes without looking at the TV (+500)
She realizes this is because you have fallen asleep (-4000)
858 of 1953  -   Report This Post

the joker

9th August 2010, 16:36
A woman went to the doctor's surgery where she was seen by one of the younger doctors.After about four minutes in the examination room,she burst out screaming as she ran down the hall.
An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was,and she told him her story.
After listening,he had her sit down and relax in another room.The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the younger doctor was writing on his clipboard.
"What's the matter with you?"the older doctor demanded."Mrs.Green is sixty one years old ,has four grown children and seven grandchildren,and you told her that she was pregnant".
The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said,
"Does she still have the hiccups?"
859 of 1953  -   Report This Post

megan

9th August 2010, 20:23
DIETING UNDER STRESS.

1. If you eat something and no one sees you then the food has no calories.
2. When you eat with comeone else, the calories do not count if they eat more than you do.
3. If you drink a diet cola with a chocolate bar, the diet cola cancels the calories in the chocolate.
4. Broken biscuits contain no calories - the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
5. Food used for medicinal purposes never counts; e.g. hot chocolate for relaxation; brandy for fortification; toast and cheesecake as antidpressants.
6. It is recommended that you fatten up everyone around you so that you appear slimmer.
7. Food licked off cutlery or out of a bowl has no calories if you are following a recipe, e.g. butter icing on a cake; the remains of a scone mixture; cream for the top of a trifle.
8. TV and cinema food contain no calories as they are part of the whole entertainment package.
9. Foods of the same colour have the same number of calories, e.g. spinach and mint ice cream; mushrooms and white chocolate; water and a large gin and tonic.
10.Athletes eat huge amounts of pasta before races like the marathon. It's a myth that you have to run 26 miles to work it off. One brisk trot around the settee is quite sufficient to wipe out one bowl of spaghetti. Twice round the living room will use up as much energy that a chocolate bar is required to supplement your sugar level and rebuild your strength.

Good Luck !!
860 of 1953  -   Report This Post