CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

4th December 2014, 09:06
Celadon, stop exaggerating, unless a man has a bathroom all to himself he nicks the soap and toothpaste that the woman has provided - the number is four!
1634 of 1953  -   Report This Post

rossim

4th December 2014, 09:22
How many keep to their own towels? ........down to three!
1635 of 1953  -   Report This Post

rossim

4th December 2014, 09:23
How many people actually want the free Prince George calendar given with every copy of the Daily mail last Saturday?
1636 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

6th December 2014, 11:32
Sorry Susan you won't like this one........

Wife texts husband on a cold winter's morning; "Windows frozen, won't open.”

Husband texts back; "Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."

Wife texts husband back 5 minutes later; "The Computer screen has gone black, what do I do now.?”
1637 of 1953  -   Report This Post

elle

6th December 2014, 11:36
I don't think Susan will be alone.......
1638 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

8th December 2014, 10:15
See if I can guess your age elle.....

Choose a number from 1 to 10
Multiply it by 2
Add 5
Multiply x 50
Add 1764
Subtract the year that you were born
You now should have 3 numbers; the 1st is your chosen number; the remainder is your age.
1639 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

9th December 2014, 08:23
Two confirmed bachelors sat talking. Their conversation drifted from politics to cooking.

'I got a cook book once', said the first, 'but I could never do anything with it.'

'Too much fancy cooking in it, eh?' asked the second.

You said it. Every one of the recipes began the same way - 'Take a clean dish and...'
1640 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

10th December 2014, 14:31
BRITAIN’S cigarette addicts have confirmed that no amount of bad weather will stop them inhaling carcinogens.
With snow and sub-zero winds predicted, smokers said they would be having their fag break even if there is a cyclone with cows and buildings swirling around in it.
Sales co-ordinator Stephen Malley said: “I’m in that office for hours at a time, staring at a computer screen, hating everything about the day.
“So if you think a bit of rain, thunder or a mild blizzard will stop me going outside for a smoke, you are very much mistaken.
“And if you think I should maybe try an electronic cigarette instead, I would suggest you maybe switch to decaffeinated coffee. Yeah.”
Hospital patient Nikki Hollis agreed: “Major surgery hasn’t stopped me from enjoying hourly gaspers in the bus shelter, so I’m damned if something as paltry as 16 feet of snow is getting in my way. I am literally burning my way through all obstacles.”
Non-smoker Roy Hobbs said: “I might be likely to live a lot longer than them, but I wish I had something in my life I was that passionate about.
“They are, in their modest way, heroes.”
1641 of 1953  -   Report This Post

susan

10th December 2014, 15:05
Hello Celadon, just spotted post number 1637. He he, ho ho, what a dopey husband! Both the wife's texts indicate she was having computer trouble. I can't see any comment indicating she responded to his very silly suggestion that she use lukewarm water to fix it. She obviously preserved his dignity by ignoring his advice, rather than let him know he was being a very silly billy. Assuming her husband hadn't gone completely and utterly barmy, she proceeded to update him on the serious, possibly terminal condition of her computer. What a sweet little story!
1642 of 1953  -   Report This Post

syzygy

11th December 2014, 07:50
Good luck, Celadon. (-;

Did you ever see the film "Alien" ?
I don't think the concept of humour arose there either.
1643 of 1953  -   Report This Post