CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wee jock

26th June 2011, 19:50
Howdy Folks
Anyone still out there at this late date?

' Peace be within thy walls and (5 down)ness
within thy palaces' that glorious climax to Parry's I AS GLAD lifts the roof and the spirits there and then. I love these archaic King James version type words used by Hymn and Anthem writers and occasional crossword compilers.Abundantly,Bountifull,Manifest and of course, 5Down, to name but a few.

Interested in your connection with the compilation of CH4,Pipesmoker,which I do hear has gone somewhat HAPPY CLAPPY.I'm glad
we're still on CH3 and not likely to change in the foreseeable future.

I had one of those musical trims yesterday and wondered if the stage electician on this show could be said to be a light unto the genitals? Sorry!

BOUNTIFULL HEALTH TO ALL
ESPECIALLY OLD GAL (ten times)
NUFF SAID
WJ
31 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th June 2011, 20:00
Hi, WJ.

I wondered where you had got to. Like you, I am not in to Happy Clappy. I think my Presbyterian roots are clearly visible when I am faced with anything of that nature. I can look awfully dour when I'm not in my comfort zone.

I heard a record on radio recently, and it was about someone being offered 'The Peace' at a church service, and being very resistant to this forwardness (for want of a better word). Unfortunately, I missed the title of the piece, and who the singer was etc, but it seemed to sum me up quite well. I'm not attracted by the thought of hugging all and sundry.

I don't have a copy of CH4 since they hadn't the decency to produce a tonic sol fa edition. Probably the tunes I was asking for were the very ones they decided to omit.

Good to know you are still here.

P.
32 of 32  -   Report This Post