CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

22nd June 2011, 22:09
Yes, Bees, you're right. "When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars..."

21 of 32  -   Report This Post

mondrian

24th June 2011, 11:31
Hi Old gal still thinking of you and wishing you well. You sound like a great patient with your humour and your ability to cope. Keep up the good work.

I have been out of action for a bit myself with the same bug that Charlies Human seem to have. Now seem to have come out the other end and know she will too. Hope Charlie is ok too - have been reading previous posts to catch up.

Re the crossword finished except for 16A - that trim musical score thing. Was thinking of applying to Nimrod with his musical background but maybe I am looking in the wrong direction and I see Bees is stuck there too.

Karen. Are you well now and now longer hirpling? Some time ago you asked if I knew your sister who is a well known artist. I knew OF her then but have since met her briefly and saw the lovely exhibition of her own work and her own collection - very impressive.
22 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

24th June 2011, 12:09
Hi, Mondrian,

Welcome back. The musical in question is only four of the seven letters in the answer. It was quite famous in its day for people taking their clothes off.

Hope you continue to get better.

P
23 of 32  -   Report This Post

mondrian

24th June 2011, 14:39
Thank you Pipesmoker for your answer and your good wishes. As usual the penny did drop and it is so obvious. Glad you are feeling so chirpy these days.
24 of 32  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

24th June 2011, 17:48
Mondrian,

The response to Bees' post contained a huge clue or so I thought. That line, with astrological connections, comes from a certain song in the musical ****.

I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Caravaggio
25 of 32  -   Report This Post

nimrod

24th June 2011, 18:18
Mondrian,
Glad you're on the mend. Also glad the penny dropped! Would have said that 16A was: a 60's musical with bare-faced cheek!!
Hello to all other regulars. Liked 21D & 20A. Yes, 5D was a bit rem ote!
Regards,
NIMROD
26 of 32  -   Report This Post

old gal

25th June 2011, 12:21
Mondrian - I was just wondering where you had gone to and there you are.... glad you are feeling better! I am a terrible patient, always moaning and complaining but not to you lovely guys, who are keeping me sane at the moment. Still stuck on last clue, 9d and feeling should be doing better..... Love to you all have a good weekend and see you next week.
27 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

25th June 2011, 12:30
HI, Old Gal,

If the answer was here and now, what might the question be? Hope this isn't confusing.
28 of 32  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

25th June 2011, 12:37
Sorry, Old Gal,

Please disregard my last post. I have got my wires crossed. I had originally thought where and when, but on re-reading the clue, I see that the correct answer rhymes with my first thought.

Hope this hasn't thrown you completely.

P
29 of 32  -   Report This Post

bees

25th June 2011, 17:58
Belated thanks for confirming my suspicion on the musical.
My goldfish are looking very old. I suppose it must be The Aging Aquarium.
30 of 32  -   Report This Post