CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

22nd June 2011, 12:10
Good point, Navigator,

They might have had to listen to St George's Edinburgh, Kilmarnock, Glasgow or even Cwm Rhondda, to mention but a few.

In a previous post, we hosted the panel which was compiling CH4, with John Bell, Charlie Robertson, Leith Fisher et al. This was a great experience. You only had to mention a tune, and it came back to you in four part harmony. Their rendition of Invocation was inspiring.

Good to hear from you.

P
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd June 2011, 13:32
Thanks for you help - got them now. Just back from treatment where I had to wait, full bladdered, for over an hour! Thought I would never get off the loo at the end (sorry to lower the tone!)To say I was pissed off would be an understatement.......
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd June 2011, 13:36
LOL...glad you are still keeping your sense of humour.

Thinking of you, take care.

p@x
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd June 2011, 14:03
Hi All and special greetings to Old Gal - glad to see you back with us -humor, if not bladder, intact! Hope you make a swift recovery and soon get over the side effects of your treatment.
I'm still finishing of this week's puzzle and think I've got 11a but not sure how cos I don't see how the pm got into it -he's not one of ours, is he?
For 22a I think it's an American animal c- o-
And19d has got me beat
--o-l-
Any additional clues welcome....
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd June 2011, 14:05
Whoop, where are my manners - and thanks for any help you can give
Cheers
Chris
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

pip

22nd June 2011, 14:19
Hi Chris
I haven't got the crossword in front of me but from memory the PM one is Northbound (PM = North (a long long time ago)) and the animal one is coat (cat + o=duck. Forgive me but can't remember the clue for your other missing answer
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd June 2011, 15:56
Cheers PIp
I'd got the answer but struggled tom fit in north....
Totally off the track with the fleece clue
Ah well,at least I completed the previous two weeks without help - which was just as well, cos I had no computer to check in with this forum.....
Chris
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

bees

22nd June 2011, 21:03
Hi all, sorry about your trials old gal. Is telling us condidered to be a leak?
Can anyone give me a clue to 16A (Trim musical score, 7)? Is it the name of a musical?
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

bees

22nd June 2011, 21:06
Is it specifically reducing or pruning a notorious 1960's musical?
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

charlies human

22nd June 2011, 21:20
Good Evening Everybody - I haven't got this weeks copy yet but decided to just take a little look and see what's what on the thread. And yes! As lovely and inconsequential as ever. Quite raised my spirits, stuck at home with a nasty summer bug in the throat/head/glands area as I am. Old Gal, a friend has had much the same problem as you and under the same circumstances. We took him various restoratives so his dignity was regained in due course and under the influence. Go, Old Gal, as they say.... CH
20 of 32  -   Report This Post