CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

30th June 2009, 11:48
Hi Trevor,

Sorry, I should have answered your question the first time you asked. "Wordfinder" is a puzzle. Every week in the Radio Times crossword a selection of squares containing letters are shaded. Once the complete puzzle is solved there is an extra prize for solving the anagram formed by the letters in the shaded squares.

Now a question for you. Why would anyone want to go to Ipswich? ;-)
21 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

30th June 2009, 20:29
I'm getting paranoid again! I keep thinking you lot are part of some clique with secrets I know nothing about. the Wordmasons perhaps? Trevor, why so snide, i don't understand the joke. John, people like to go to Ipswich to see their team win away. Has anyone got an answer to Butterfly's "Shied"?
22 of 36  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th June 2009, 20:38
Ah yes, the "kicking the pig's bladder" game. It seems that may be even more popular as a spectator sport than the "walking after the little white ball" game. Now, "leather on willow" that's what we should be doing. ;-)
23 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

30th June 2009, 20:49
There's another game at the moment. I invested in a 40inch TV and a HD channel but then Maria Sharapova got knocked out last week. I don't know what to do with myself now.

Hang on, I think I need to re-phrase that......
24 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th June 2009, 21:02
Hi Bees,

I did sound snide, didn't I.

I suspect newsletter has been posting under a variety of (already used) names, if i am wrong, then i apologise. (I don't really care either way).

Surely you can see that John was just using banter in his reply, just the same as your quip about Ipswich.

RE Butterfly's "Shied", I think that one had been answered better already (Shied seems to be the wrong tense).

I don't know why other people didn't respond to Butterfly's post. Any attempt at an amswer is welcomed by me.

Absolutely no conspiracy that i am aware of,
99% of the time this is a very friendly place. Occasionally an idiot like me gets drunk and becomes a bit mouthy.

Apologies all round from me then.
25 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th June 2009, 21:18
ps. thank you John for your explanation.

pps - ooops, of course Shied is the right tense but i still think the answer is "threw".

26 of 36  -   Report This Post

the joker

30th June 2009, 22:27
Hi John
Would just like to add my quip to observe that there won't be much cricket being played on Arran as I doubt you can find 22 yards of level ground on the whole island.
regards
Joker
27 of 36  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th June 2009, 23:37
Hi Joker,

There's actually a strong cricket team on Arran and they play at the "Sannox Oval". They even have a pavilion. Here's a story from the local rag from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.arranbanner.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/1852/Disciplined_Sannox_outrun_Mid_Argyll_.html
28 of 36  -   Report This Post

the joker

1st July 2009, 02:26
Hi John
I was only joking about Arran. I have visited it many times and it is truly a beautiful island. This is indeed praise as I come from the Athens of the North.
Regards
Joker
29 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

1st July 2009, 08:46
RT 28 is out now, so we can start again! There's one beaut of a clue.
It was the best of Radio Times, It was the worst of Radio Times!
30 of 36  -   Report This Post