CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

27th June 2009, 15:35
We are on the east side of Arran and get Freeview from Black Hill which is 40 miles away, but line of sight. A large aerial and preamp are needed but the reception is good. Occasionally some of the Crown Castle multiplexes drop out. DAB is from both Black Hill and Darvel and is excellent, much better that FM which was extremely flaky. The only drawback is that Classic FM doesn't seem to be on any of multiplexes that we can receive.
11 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

27th June 2009, 21:15
I also have THREW and SAXON. I also had the same letters for Wordfinder, so I double-checked and found I had missed an A. This gives Kavanah Q C.
Does anyone know if you can get Classic FM in Jersey? I can get most stations when I'm in Normandy, but not Classic.
12 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

27th June 2009, 21:20
SORRY it's Kavanagh QC.
I keep ticking the box for the newsletter, but never get one. Is there really a newsletter?
13 of 36  -   Report This Post

newsletter

27th June 2009, 21:50
Hi Bees

Newsletter here, have been meaning to sort something out but have been a bit shattered since Campanilla stopped posting. I will pull myself together and sort something out

Newsletter

P.S. How's the knees?
14 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th June 2009, 21:55
no DAB in Woodbridge - where I went today - it's near Ipswich in suffolk.
amen.

I don't know anything about reception.

Is Wordfinder a puzzle or a puzzle solver?
15 of 36  -   Report This Post

bees

27th June 2009, 23:29
Hi Newsletter, I'm just paranoid. I was worried in case everyone but me was gettting a newsletter. The knees are shot, I'm afraid - my biking days are long gone.
Trevor - wordfinder is a secondary puzzle on the Radio Times crossword - find the anagram of the shaded squares.

I thought was Campanilla the Spanish for bell; it's my age, I get confused.
16 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th June 2009, 23:59
Thank you Bees.

I know exactly which puzzle you mean now.

campanilla - is tinkerbell from peter pan?

or bellhouse, or small bell? anyways, she is smart.
17 of 36  -   Report This Post

butterfly

28th June 2009, 00:55
Could also be SHIED which means to throw or hurl but not to sure of where 'over loudly' comes into it then - any suggestions?
18 of 36  -   Report This Post

campanilla

29th June 2009, 23:19
Hi Trevor, what a mine of information you are as usual! Is there nothing you don't know/can't find out? Campanilla is indeed Tinkerbell or little bell. We've all heard of somebody being born with a silver spoon in the mouth, but a Chambers dictionary under the arm is a new one on me!! Keep up the good work.
19 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th June 2009, 05:30
Hi Newsletter (et al)

I sometimes find you mildly amusing but mostly tedious.
20 of 36  -   Report This Post