CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

10th May 2011, 15:56
Hi friends. Just dropped in for a quick peek and I see the poor old mindless-one is still free. He/she probably can't help it. Unfortunately when one is suffering from a form on mental illness, they are the very last to know about it. "The whole world is stupid! I'm the only clever one and I must continually prove this to everyone".

Siamcat
Would "returns" do it? How would I know I had gone over to page 2?

I'm off now and will return at 5 p.m. Byee!
21 of 48  -   Report This Post

ixion

10th May 2011, 17:00
1. Merge?
5. A palindrome
22 of 48  -   Report This Post

terry

10th May 2011, 17:09
I couldn't get No1. Having seen the answer I still can't. Could some kind soul please explain it to me.
23 of 48  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th May 2011, 17:10
Terry - the names that Sammy mentioned were not the sort that would have offended to the point of being banned. There was repartee a couple of days ago which was I had in mind earlier when I spoke of "inane, sick-making drivel" - I can't have been the only person who thought this.
24 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

10th May 2011, 17:13
Yes Terry. "supply" is the adverb of "supple" and I'm using it as the anag indicator. MERGE = BLEND. The anag is of "gegwhereismy" minus "whiskey"
25 of 48  -   Report This Post

ixion

10th May 2011, 17:15
terry - I think it's one of Jolans complex anagrams(not entirely sure though)....

keg. Where is my - whiskey
26 of 48  -   Report This Post

terry

10th May 2011, 17:16
Jolan,

Thanks for the explanation. Gulp.

You're getting to be too good at this clue setting lark. I move you are banned from "clueless" or at least handicapped in some way.
27 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

10th May 2011, 17:17
that should be Keg!! not Geg.

Well friends, thanks a million for your participation. It's wonderful to interact with Terry, P@, Ixion, Chrisg, Sally,w AJT and The Joker. All the good 'uns - those (and a few more) who make this site worth coming back to. If I've omitted someone by mistake, sorry.

Have a great week.
J
28 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

10th May 2011, 17:21
Ha, ha Terry!
I well remember you saying "the game is up - you should step up the difficulty" (I paraphrase as the auld memory is not as good as when I was 73 - last year).
You're a super contributor - lang may your lum reek.
J

Off to put on the nosebag now.
29 of 48  -   Report This Post

terry

10th May 2011, 17:30
AJT,

J of A, Big dave and Mamya are still regulars. But some regulars seem to have vanished. No matter how nice you are in mode A, you can still be quite something else in Mode B,C or D. It always seemed obvious when strange names popped up suddenly that it must be a regular in morph mode. What's the old saying. It's a wise child who knows his father.
As far as inane chatter goes, generally I can't see the harm (and often join in). It's a bit like the EV Spoiler (which is nothing to do with me). Nobody has to read it. It's not as if inane chatter is clogging up a busy site most nights is it.
30 of 48  -   Report This Post