CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 9

butterfly

25th February 2011, 00:16
Sorry it's late but hope you had a Happy Birthday Mondrian. As for this weeks clues, was stuck on 24a but after much racking of my brain realised I was on the wrong track with bunk - then it sunk in, so all done now. Liked 7a as we have plenty of those on Dartmoor which is one of my favourite places, also 2d.
41 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

25th February 2011, 16:30
Many thanks Caravaggio and Butterfly for your good wishes. Also welcome to Pastille - I think you may be new to this thread. Re-reading the previous thread I see you have not been well Butterfly - hope you are soon much better. Maybe Spring will help.

I seem to have been stuck for days now on Nos 1D and 4D and I am wondering if No 1D is a kind of wood floor covering, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Also the penny has just dropped for 4D (I regret to say with the help of Quick solve) but would never have got it otherwise. I cannot imagine how anyone would like to do such a crazy thing willingly!!
42 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

25th February 2011, 17:02
Yes, you're right, Mondrian. Take the reversed spelling of 'animal' and add a shortened version of Edward and you have it.
43 of 50  -   Report This Post

helena

25th February 2011, 21:25
Hi Caravaggio, haven't seen you for a while on here,
44 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

25th February 2011, 22:14
Hi Helena. I'm still around but this site doesn't have the same appeal as it used to do because of the morons who seem to be hell-bent on spoiling it. How are you keeping?
45 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th February 2011, 22:31
Thank you Mondrian for that most welcome welcome.

I have been "noseying" in to the site for a bit now...but always too late to contribute.

One day...

Take care

p@
46 of 50  -   Report This Post

tomcat

26th February 2011, 00:26
Hello all. Started and finished the grid this evening. Some clues were relatively straightforward, others required more thought. 21d was the way in while 3d and 8a held out to the very end. 4d was fun and I twigged eventually to the less-than-familiar alternative to the word 'smell' in 24a. 1d we've seen before quite recently in a very similar guise.

Disappointing to see that the '14d' element has apparently returned to spoil our enjoyment of this thread. Couldn't they be a '4d' without the benefit of the elastic bit?
47 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

26th February 2011, 11:38
Caravaggio, thanks for the explanation for 1D. I had thought that the `boy` in clue referred to `la......d` but of course the middle bit did not then make sense!

Read your reply to Helena. Hope you are not going to desert us. After all we artists must stick together!!!
48 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

26th February 2011, 12:18
Hi Mondrian,

No, don't worry, I'm not going to desert this thread but I do think that if some of these trolls were given a blank wall and a can of spray paint, we all know what they'd do...

Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
49 of 50  -   Report This Post

butterfly

26th February 2011, 16:17
Must admit apart from not being too well recently - thanks for your kind words Mondrian, it's an ongoing thing at the moment I'm afraid, I too feel that the site has gone downhill somewhat recently due to some morons that must make themselves heard with pointless, uncalled for remarks. It has put me off coming on here for a while and was hoping that it had all stopped - but no the morons are still here! It really does spoil it for people, haven't they got anything better to do? Obviously not.
50 of 50  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 9