CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 9

robtherich

23rd February 2011, 10:16
Oops. No. it's not: it's the (American?) concept of a vending machine with 'a' . I've obviously joined the ranks of the terminally bewildered.

But, awash with coffee, I'm still pondering 24a. Perhaps a stack of ironing will help.
21 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

23rd February 2011, 10:40
According to Chambers, the origin of 24a is North American slang. The synonym for 'smell' is a three-letter word which also means 'vibrate' around the traditional abbreviation for 'satisfactory'.
22 of 50  -   Report This Post

robtherich

23rd February 2011, 11:00
Many thanks, Caravaggio - I was miles away from that one. But at least I finished the ironing.
23 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

23rd February 2011, 12:31
Robtherich you are obviously a man of many talents - doing the ironing indeed!!

Finding this weeks Xword easier than last weeks which I didn`t manage to finish even with all the help from Zorro.
24 of 50  -   Report This Post

robtherich

23rd February 2011, 15:24
Mondrian (or may I call you Piet?): I'd've got Er Indoors to do it but I've mislaid the key.
25 of 50  -   Report This Post

regular

23rd February 2011, 18:48
18ac is Money Spinner.
3d is Grafter. I didn't like either of these much. Anyone disagree.
26 of 50  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

23rd February 2011, 22:23
Hi all - and Rob The Rich.
Did you have to open the window to allow the steam out - 23 across applies.
Be good.
27 of 50  -   Report This Post

navigator

24th February 2011, 09:49
Post #26 is surprising in view of post #10.
Is "Regular" impersonating "regular"?
28 of 50  -   Report This Post

mondrian

24th February 2011, 13:02
Robtherich - best if you don`t call me Piet. My choice of name came from the likeness of some of Mondrian`s work to the grids of crosswords!! Before I joined this site I had been so intrigued by Carravagio`s choice of name in relation to crosswords that I was attempting to follow suit. As for me, I am actually an ancient Grandma type of person - even more ancient today as it is my birthday! However had a very nice lunch out a few days ago and another tomorrow!

Still with seven clues to get. Karen hope you all have a lovely time at the family wedding in Bristol - you mentioned it previously.
29 of 50  -   Report This Post

nimrod

24th February 2011, 13:55
Happy birthday Mondrian!!
30 of 50  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 9