CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 9

zorro

22nd February 2011, 22:34
Regular and Dumbo you don't have the guts to use your normal names so it does not matter what you say.
11 of 50  -   Report This Post

regular

22nd February 2011, 22:43
Zorro
The words kettle and pot come to mind. Hopefully you will get the message
12 of 50  -   Report This Post

karen

22nd February 2011, 22:55
Hi,Rai, Dumbo and regular.
We try to help others on this forum,sometimes by giving an alternative clue,sometimes an answer,if it helps, at the end of a few days, I dont think we're that bad,perhaps,just nice people.
Should you find that offensive do not read the RT thread.
P.S My robes are at the dry cleaners.
It is spring!
13 of 50  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd February 2011, 22:56
Hi guys! Stop bickering...... Well, either I'm getting brighter or this was a particularly easy one this week but I have completed all but 3!!! Never known that before........ Maybe mixing with all you brainy ones is rubbing off! Hope Charley lets you play with the RT CharliesHuman! Its rainy dull and miserable here - forgotten what a sunny day looks like. Will post later if I cant do the rest of the Xword. Cheers all!
14 of 50  -   Report This Post

karen

22nd February 2011, 23:17
Hi old gal,re-3d possibly (attach another piece to another),bad clue,perhaps.
Maybe,floating thing with a'g'.
Yes, I am bad at clues. Forgive!
Bestx
15 of 50  -   Report This Post

lainey

23rd February 2011, 07:24
Good morning all, finished last night - last one solved was 24a. Was thinking bed for bunk, it was a while 'til the penny dropped!

Have a good day wherever you are!

Best wishes, Lainey
16 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

23rd February 2011, 09:02
Good morning all,

Although I finished RT8 last week, I didn't make any contribution as I was irritated by the incursion of the trolls, who seem to be hell-bent on spoiling what used to be an enjoyable thread.

I notice that Zorro is intent on making his mark on this week's thread too... However, it's nice to see some supportive comments and to those who just want the answers there is always the other site where there won't be any repartee but clinically sterilised answers.

I had little difficulty with this week's puzzle but, curiously, the last answer which I put in was 7a so I'd gone all round the houses before the penny dropped.

With kind regards to you all,

Caravaggio
17 of 50  -   Report This Post

nimrod

23rd February 2011, 09:46
Good morning all!
Nice to have you back Caravaggio.
Finished the RT earlier this morning along with croissants and coffee.... one of my weaknesses....to quote Lark Rise to Candleford. Not too difficult this week. Only 20a as Philip commented was a challenge.
Apologies to Andy Pandy from last week. I don't know where my mind was when I typed in my "alternative clue"-thanks to Philip for picking up the pieces!
Have a nice day!
18 of 50  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

23rd February 2011, 09:54
Good morning Nimrod,

Funnily enough, I was intending to buy some croissants this morning so thank you for the reminder!

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
19 of 50  -   Report This Post

robtherich

23rd February 2011, 10:02
Can't say I agree with the complaints about 20a - it's simply a double definition. All else straightforward 'cept I'm boggled by 24a; I can half-justify a number of possibilities, none satisfactorily. I'm sure the answer will come to me with enough coffee. Or a subtle (non-Zorro) hint...
20 of 50  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 9