CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

18th February 2011, 16:22
EK, if Tommy T is Tommy Trinder, you must be almost as old as I am.
21 of 50  -   Report This Post

megan

18th February 2011, 16:24
As far as the Sunday Mail is concerned and a lot asking for answers, I think it might be a case of some people can't be bothered to look things up on Google
22 of 50  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

18th February 2011, 20:02
I won a Wee Stinker t-shirt once after years of submissions. Wore it with pride till it shrank in the drawer! Don't submit anything now, just do them for the fun.
23 of 50  -   Report This Post

carol

18th February 2011, 22:48
i won a date with my idol
24 of 50  -   Report This Post

les40

18th February 2011, 22:53
carol

I told you not to say anything about that honey bunny

What a night!
25 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th February 2011, 00:10
Ooh,Ooh I won a set of egg cups once....

Sorry that was in a raffle!

Only crosswords I ever submit (but not every week)are the Times Saturday... Jumbo...cryptic, and the Radio Times. Not a sausage!

My mother, who got me in to cryptics (Bitch!...so much time and frustration! )does loads. And for years, has won a pen...I seem to remember it was a good one though.

But as they say you've got to be init2winit.

Onwards and upwards.

Night night.
26 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th February 2011, 00:21
Teenieleek,

Hi there, I am so glad to know that somebody else has the "it has shrunk in the drawer/wardrobe" problem. I am not alone.

Thank you.
27 of 50  -   Report This Post

fullerene

19th February 2011, 02:47
I've won plain Azeds 4 times and have had 3 VHCs and about the same number of HCs in competition (ie clue writing) puzzles.
Other wins have been the Spectator (4 or 5 times, I forget which) and one each in the Grauniad, Generalist and, most recently, Mephisto.
I think it's totally luck of the draw in most cases and if you keep plugging away and getting them right, you'll be picked eventually.
I'd love to win the Listener, but it's totally beyond me most weeks so that's unlikely to happen.
28 of 50  -   Report This Post

ek

19th February 2011, 11:46
@Pipesmoker...I did say AS my great grandmother informs me.I believe it may have been T Trinder.I have to take her word. I believe he was only available in Black and White. I thought it was Arthur Askew who said it...(summat like that) GGM not around to ask at mo.
I'm as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth (all mine still).But then I don't smoke he he.
29 of 50  -   Report This Post

emma

19th February 2011, 11:49
My mother has entered the Times saturday crossword every week since about 1970 and has never won - she even wrote to the Times letters page about it and started a debate!
30 of 50  -   Report This Post