CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 7

bigbrainmeltdown

12th February 2011, 13:33
Ahh, it all becomes clear. Couldn't figure it out 'cos I never watched it.
Thanks very much Pipesmoker and Mondrian.
51 of 53  -   Report This Post

tomcat

12th February 2011, 13:39
Hi Karen. Algebra was our cat who passed away last year aged 18. He had an enormous appetite and seemed to know instinctively when he was being short changed on his food. Despite the fact he was on a perpetual diet, he reached an impressive 8kg in his prime.

I haven't seen the parody you mentioned, but I have been browsing some of the more robust comments posted on the forum. Who would have guessed that passions could run so high in the gentile world of crossword solving? Its surely worthy of a Midsomer Murder plot!
52 of 53  -   Report This Post

charlies human

13th February 2011, 16:05
Hello everybody, or anyone who is still out there at this late stage! I had difficulty this week too, but there clearly is one setter whose mind is more oblique than we are used to and he tests me to be sure. I've been thinking about the content of this particular thread, as opposed to that in others, and we get off quite lightly when it comes to what people are prepared to say to each other on-line as far as I can see. Some of what is posted is extraordinary at times and I suppose the best thing to do is simply move on. As for giving the replies, I think that's more difficult. Many of us on this thread are older, I think, and the mental exercise is important to us; possibly more so than to others. Unfortunately, though I prefer not to have the answers given directly, I think we are spitting in the wind if we think that we have sole decision over how the thread operates. Which is a shame! I definitely want to rule the world and I want this thread run the way I want it to run! Charlie says nothing of course but bows his head to Algebra and all others of his ilk. As he says, the true Rulers of this world know who they are. To which I can only bow my head in return and wish you all a most enjoyable week.
53 of 53  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 7