CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 7

mondrian

10th February 2011, 12:39
Nimrod, thank you for the explanation for No 18D. I had got it but just could not `see` the connection to the clue with the word `crop`. I am beginning to wonder if you are a farmer? Hope you are keeping well now.
31 of 53  -   Report This Post

nimrod

10th February 2011, 19:43
Thank you Mondrian. Glad I could be of help. Yes I'm feeling a lot better now.... and yes I do a little bit of farming, though not in the GM line!
32 of 53  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th February 2011, 09:13
Hi All, long time no see/speak!! In the process of moving house - v stressful, but still finding time to do the RT Xword - or attempting too, at any rate.
I found this week's particularly difficult - can't get a grasp on the compiler's mindset and struggling mightily with 14a Aristotle unsure about dangerous activitity.

-U-S-A-R / -U-E-TE

I'm pretty sure the letters are correct....
I thought it was an anagram, but can't make any sense of my letters - any alternative clues out there, please?
Many thanks

Chris
33 of 53  -   Report This Post

jimc

11th February 2011, 09:20
Hi Chris4food.

It is an anagram - and not only Mr Putin takes this gamble.

JimC
34 of 53  -   Report This Post

mcpog

11th February 2011, 09:21
Hi Chris

You seem to have the right letters but not enough gaps so i think you are on the right track. Think about the dangerous activity, more a variation of a game which can be extremely dangerous, fatal even!
35 of 53  -   Report This Post

crypto

11th February 2011, 09:24
Hi Chris

The way you have presented the two words and spaces isn't right - I'm not sure if that might be affecting your thinking.

You have put -U-S-A-R / -U-E-TE
It should be -U-S-A- / R-U-E-TE

It is an anagram.
36 of 53  -   Report This Post

old gal

11th February 2011, 10:21
JimC - nice clue! I was going to post something about the Deerstalker but perhaps that people are too young to get the connection! I am finding it a bit difficult to fit the answers to the clues and am currently stuck on 17d. Am perservering with the rest but hopeful to finish! Chris4food - hope you soon settle in - I have moved 3 times in the last 6 years! Its funny how a house works perfectly until someone new moves in and then all hell lets us - in my case - elect and plumbing problems - leaking roofs etc etc. Hope all is well with you. Sorry - have rambled on a bit...
37 of 53  -   Report This Post

old gal

11th February 2011, 10:22
Sorry - should have said all hell lets loose!!!!!
38 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

11th February 2011, 11:46
Hi old gal, re 17d anagram of roomful minus the f . Hope that helps!
39 of 53  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th February 2011, 15:52
Dear all, what a pillock I am - I'd put a line where I thought the words separated, but moved it one space too far - I've now got the answer, so thank you JimC mcpog and Crypto for your help... I'm putting it down to yet another of the more increasing senior moments...
Old Gal, This is my 3 move, but over 15 years, I've yet to move [22 Feb], but the whole house selling process has dragged on since August...
Cheers to all and have a good weekend
Chris
xx
40 of 53  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 7