CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT6

nimrod

3rd February 2011, 19:06
Thanks Trevor & Terry or should that be Terry & Trevor? My apologies to you both!
31 of 76  -   Report This Post

terry

3rd February 2011, 19:20
I can't see what the problem is with 3d. The answer is definitely sealing, unless,of course, it's ceiling.
32 of 76  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

3rd February 2011, 20:41
Hi all,
clue 3 down would not include top of room if the required answer did not start with 'C'
Keep going. I've only to find 15 across now.
33 of 76  -   Report This Post

karen

3rd February 2011, 22:43
Hi Flipper, re 15a first 4 letters (to mail)next 3 letters what one does to accumulate money without the 'a'. = old name for gate! Thank goodness I'm not a crossword compiler. Hope that helps! So sorry if I've further confuse you.
34 of 76  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd February 2011, 23:10
Hello everyone and thanks Karen - I was stuck on 15a. Now can anyone help me with 6a - am braindead on that one!
35 of 76  -   Report This Post

ann

3rd February 2011, 23:19
Hello old gal

For 6a think of another meaning for pine and not "yearn" or "long for"

ann
36 of 76  -   Report This Post

bigbrainmeltdown

4th February 2011, 10:05
Hi all
I'm new to this thread, but couldn't resist putting my tuppence in re the great 3d debate. It's a doozy isn't it?
I've elected to answer it as 'closing off', as the question says 'sound FROM etc.'
Of course I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.
Cheers all.
37 of 76  -   Report This Post

mondrian

4th February 2011, 15:39
Welcome to BigbrainMeltdown (what a lot of typing!!)

Re 3 Down. First of all I had it starting with the letter `C` and then I changed it to `S`. It could be either. Glad to know the rest of you are confused as well.
38 of 76  -   Report This Post

clueless

4th February 2011, 15:50
Hello All, I still feel very inferior to you all, but I am doing better than usual, re 5D, no need to access the website, the answer is on the page! wish they were all like that!
39 of 76  -   Report This Post

mandala

4th February 2011, 15:54
I have emailed RT to tell them of the ambiguity in the clue. I suggest you all do the same:

radio.times@bbc.com

It might be an idea to mention this forum as well and maybe the compiler will look in.
40 of 76  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT6