CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elizabeth

27th January 2011, 16:43
Conratulations Peterm!
21 of 43  -   Report This Post

bootlebarth

27th January 2011, 17:19
G'day puzzlers.

May I suggest that entries for prizes are only made when the solver has completed a puzzle without assistance, except from Crossword Buddy, Anagrammer, Google, etc.

If I need any of the useful hints here or elsewhere, I don't enter 'my' and 'their' solution. I have yet to win a Spectator, Guardian Genius or Private Eye prize. If I ever do, I'll retire and do something more useful for the benefit of humankind.

Goodonyouse all!
22 of 43  -   Report This Post

marky

27th January 2011, 18:44
The series of posts on this had me intrigued so I've downloaded this crossword. Understandably, I'm struggling a bit but have made SOME progress. I wouldn't mind some tips/pointers (NOT answers) - sometimes it takes a while to get into the (often devious) mindest of the compiler.
8 D. Leonine earl weaving dress material (8)
---i-n-- (I'd considered an anagram of 'leonine' and'e' for earl, but am getting nowhere with that.
32. D Vegetable plant received for old money (6)
-----a.
Thanks for tips,advice.
23 of 43  -   Report This Post

peterm

27th January 2011, 18:54
Marky - you're right about the anagram. The currency is one of those superseded by the euro.
24 of 43  -   Report This Post

marky

27th January 2011, 19:22
Thanks, peterm - I've solved those two now. Was happier whenyou confirmed that I wasn't on a wild goose chase with the anagram.
25 of 43  -   Report This Post

terry

27th January 2011, 19:35
I see my name has cropped up on this thread. Well, I agree with Tony. But even if I didn't I wouldn't argue with AJT. To paraphrase my old mate Turast, AJT is in the pantheon of crossworders and therefore beyond reproach.
26 of 43  -   Report This Post

ajt

27th January 2011, 22:20
Dear Terry - I don't know what to say. I just idly looked in on my way to bed - now my nightcap won't fit me. But thank you.
27 of 43  -   Report This Post

marky

27th January 2011, 22:25
Am still slogging away at my first-ever Spectator crossword. Have got only four left to solve, so would appreciate any tips, pointers (no,I'm not looking for answers).
34 A.Dances in Pyrenean town died out (6)
l---es
25 A. Relief as Lord Mayor stops (4) al--
These would assist with 19 Down, which has a link with the rhyme's final word - I've got the word.
28 of 43  -   Report This Post

marky

27th January 2011, 22:27
Now got 19 Down, so am having another go at 25 A and34 A.
29 of 43  -   Report This Post

marky

27th January 2011, 22:28
Finished!
30 of 43  -   Report This Post