CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT5

karen

31st January 2011, 01:30
What do need help with Foxyloxy?I mean which clues. RT is Naughty,no answers for 4 weeks,and no breakdown of the wordplay.Whereas the Broadsheets are on-line,answers and explanations readily available!x
31 of 52  -   Report This Post

karen

31st January 2011, 01:35
Hi Robtherich,YOU SHALL WIN,YOU SHALL.
I did.x
32 of 52  -   Report This Post

robtherich

31st January 2011, 08:22
Karen: Too right I shall, with such fervent endorsement from you!
33 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

31st January 2011, 12:25
Robtherich - you wont get any competition from me as I have stopped sending puzzles in except for the Christmas one.
34 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

31st January 2011, 15:40
Foxyloxy - are you new to this site? If so you are welcome.

When I first `met` Nimrod I too connected him to the aircraft, but now knowing his musical taste it is obviously an Elgar connection. Nimrod, did you manage to see the Elgar programme on BBC4 a couple of weeks ago? Maybe not if you were in hospital then.

35 of 52  -   Report This Post

bees

31st January 2011, 19:23
Someone on the radio used to get letters from a "Nimrod Ping". Maybe he was a radar operator from St Mawgan.
PS Measure of proof - spirit - pubs.
36 of 52  -   Report This Post

tomcat

31st January 2011, 20:22
Thanks Bees. Now I see it. Had to use that well-known browser to find out the connection. Just shows how infrequently I see the inside of a pub. Perhaps time for a measure or two of a nice malt in celebration of learning something new.
37 of 52  -   Report This Post

charlies human

31st January 2011, 23:30
Oh Karen thank you so much! You have made an old lady very happy. I would never have got that, never.. And was it OUR Philip who won the Big Christmas Puzzle? I do hope so.
38 of 52  -   Report This Post

charlies human

31st January 2011, 23:33

And another thing - there used to be a Nimrod Ping in my neck of the woods. He was a Dentist, for all the good that did him.
39 of 52  -   Report This Post

karen

1st February 2011, 00:18
Hello all again,
Happy I made you glad Charlies Human. It's usually the short ones that make me 'tear my hair out! I suppose that's the joy of crosswords!Ha Ha
Iv'e had a busy weekend,daughter visited from Uni,so I've
not done my usual crosswords this weekend.Perhaps thats a good thing!
40 of 52  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT5