CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT5

tomcat

28th January 2011, 18:35
Hello all. I managed to finish this week's offering before close of play on Tuesday when my copy of RT arrived. No real horrors, but it cost at least half-a-dozen extremely scrumptious chocolate truffles before the last clue (6d) succumbed. 23a was probably my favourite, the answer being a word not often seen these days. Although I'm happy with my answer to 8a, I'm not sure I can see the logic of the clue. Any ideas, anyone?
21 of 52  -   Report This Post

bees

28th January 2011, 19:13
I'm glad to see there's at least one Nimrod unscathed by the abolition of the nation's defences. TomCat, a wartime friend and a measure of proof; is that any use?
22 of 52  -   Report This Post

ann

28th January 2011, 23:39
Hi everybody.Haven't posted for a while.Been busy trying to clear my mum's flat after her passing away last month.Finding RT5 a bit tricky.I'll probably be asking for help later.

Ann
23 of 52  -   Report This Post

karen gardner

29th January 2011, 00:29
Hi all again,sorry,did not read all the posts before posting.
Nimrod,glad to hear you're back on the road to recovery.Bless.x
Ann,my condolences,not an easy time for you and yours. I know the pain.x
I'll post again tomorrow with any hints,(if needed) to-night does not feel right.
Best to all.xx
24 of 52  -   Report This Post

charlies human

30th January 2011, 11:16

I am on my knees! 6 Down! It will not reveal itself to me and I didn't take the precaution of having Chocolate Truffles to hand to awaken my brain cells. Please, someone, take pity and give us a clue....
Anyone who has access to Primrose Hill in London and doesn't know of The Museum of Everything might like to wander along some time. A Museum of Curiosities and a delight in every way. If one likes the quirky, bizarre and witty, that is. I went yesterday; best 3quid [compulsory!] donation entrance fee I've spent in many a day.
25 of 52  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

30th January 2011, 20:43
I think the ancient Britons used to tie these to sticks to use as weapons, for the sharp edges?
26 of 52  -   Report This Post

tomcat

30th January 2011, 21:34
Thanks Bees. Re 8a. I see the wartime friend bit, but I'm still unsure about the rest of the clue. The first part of the answer is a word that fits "_P_I_". However, I can't see how that relates to 'measure' or anything like it. Perhaps there's another way of interpreting the clue.
27 of 52  -   Report This Post

old gal

30th January 2011, 22:20
I think pubs use these to measure out spirits?
28 of 52  -   Report This Post

foxyloxy

30th January 2011, 22:41
Since most of you have finished your crossword, could someone please spare a moment to help me finish mine so I can sleep tonight. Have finished ST cryptic, but admit I am more than a little obsessed now! Please help!!!!
29 of 52  -   Report This Post

karen

31st January 2011, 01:19
Hello Charlies Human, I cannot stand your agony anymore.6d F(for,in clue)+ dressing (lint)=stone.
Sorry if that upsets anyone,but it is just 1 clue.
30 of 52  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT5