CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT5

nimrod

27th January 2011, 19:46
Good evening all!!
Nice to be back. Unfortunately I had a bit of a relapse in the New Year and so had the pleasure of the company of the NHS for a couple of weeks - but back again.
Very easy crossword this week. Like Caravaggio, I liked 15A and I took some time, Bees, to scrape out the answer for 6D. Favourite clues were 17D & 11A!!
Have just caught up with things on the last thread - thanks for your concern Caravaggio but there is nothing like the RT & this thread to stir me into action.
Hope you all are well (and belatedly)hope you had a good Xmas/New Year.
11 of 52  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th January 2011, 19:53
It's good to see you back, Nimrod, and I hope that there aren't any further relapses.
12 of 52  -   Report This Post

mimrod

27th January 2011, 20:26
.... so do I!!!
Many thanks Caravaggio.
13 of 52  -   Report This Post

nimrod

27th January 2011, 20:29
Ooops!
Must have been away longer than I realised - can't even spell my own name!
14 of 52  -   Report This Post

karen

27th January 2011, 22:02
Hello all, some of 5 was straightforward this week,I didn't do it in 20 mins,I don't time myself,I dip in and out,there are other things to do.
That said,thought 6d clever,liked 14d,12a,16a. It took me time to get 23a, one of those staring moments!Oh,liked 7a also. Best ot all
15 of 52  -   Report This Post

charlies human

28th January 2011, 13:04
Hello Everyone - though from reading all your comments I suspect that having done No:5 fairly quickly, as most of you have, this post may well float unseen into the ether. But just in case....! Over the past few weeks I have been involved with the mortality of my friends, which disturbs the clarity of the mind, and I found both 4 and 5 very difficult. Charlie and I have wrestled with 6d and even with the helpful hints from such as Karen, we still don't get it. And yes, the deadline for entries is definitely shorter. I wonder why.
16 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th January 2011, 13:05
Delighted you are back with us Nimrod and sorry to hear the reason for your absence and there was me imaging you away in a sunny place. However meantime keep well.

Last week`s crossword was a real stinker and even with much help I did not finish it. By contrast this weeks was very easy. I wonder what we are in for next week?

Hoping to hear from the others who haven`t posted for a while - Chris4food, Charlies Human, Ann, Rob the Rich, Navigator, Mandali and anyone else whose name I have forgotten.
17 of 52  -   Report This Post

charlies human

28th January 2011, 13:14
Hello Mondrian - How very nice to be missed! I'm reassured that it isn't only me who found these recent ones harder, whatever the reason; but I must be a bit deficient in the brain department because the helpful hints actually came from Bees. Karen found my hardest one her favourite.
I suppose that at this time of year there will be a variety of reasons why we don't either do the puzzle or join the thread so to those such as Nimrod, I wish you well and hope that the spring returns to your step. Charlie recommends sleeping under the radiator for the duration.
18 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th January 2011, 13:27
Charlies Human, I see your last post just pipped mine at the post by one minute! Sorry to hear about your friends. And indeed lets hope Spring is not too long delayed. Today in Strathclyde is a really lovely day and sunny and my few daffodils are even starting to peep through. They seem to have survived the low temperatures.
19 of 52  -   Report This Post

robtherich

28th January 2011, 16:14
Mondrian: how kind if you to note one's absence. Truth to tell it was because I found the troll intrusions a little wearing, as were the odd outbreaks of bad manners (sensitive soul that I am...) But here I am.

I don't know how long a pipe lasts, and whether a two-pipe solve is better than a three-Shiraz-glass one, but I fess up to the latter. I always start thinking: This is one I'm not going to finish. It's usually a same-day solve however, and I can't remember when I last failed to complete. One day that DVD thingy will be mine, all mine, do you hear me? (Mad cackles recede into the dist...)
20 of 52  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT5