CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bees

21st January 2011, 20:27
Thanks chaps. The penny has dropped.
I've been a "stupid boy", or wsa that 6D.
I must remember to post the thing now!

I'm halfway through watching "Who Killed Caravaggio?" It's very good. But will any of you watch a repeat of "The Killer Bees"?
41 of 64  -   Report This Post

tomcat

21st January 2011, 20:30
Thanks Crypto. That would make sense of the word 'round' in the clue.
42 of 64  -   Report This Post

old gal

21st January 2011, 23:18
Evening all.......thanks to previous postings have now realised 1d but am stuck on 9a. I thought I had the answer but 1d puts it out. any further help please. Was Nimrod not well around Christmas or am i thinking about someone else - or had he suffered a bereavement?????? Hope all is well with him.
43 of 64  -   Report This Post

capulet

21st January 2011, 23:42
For 9a find another word for creature.Then read it backwards. Hope that helps.
44 of 64  -   Report This Post

weex jock

22nd January 2011, 01:06
HOWDY OWLS

1) 9a. Surely that should be, 'find another word for thin layer',reverse it and you'll find a creature.

2)There is some confusion being made between 'anagram' and 'synonym'.

3)I think there is a need being shown for instruction in basic crossword solving, a kind of workshop perhaps.

Just a thought, but it's

NUFF SAID for tonight.

BEST REGARDS AND RESPECTS
WJ
45 of 64  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd January 2011, 11:36
Capulet - are you a newcomer to this site? If so, welcome.

I am getting more and more `fed up` with this crossword. Cannot get 1D, 2D and 14D, but am beginning to wonder if my `female knight` is wrong And a lot of the other clues (even the ones I got) I do not like very much.

Roll on next week and hopefully we may hear from Nimrod if he has been away for a 2 or 3 week holiday. I don`t suppose he had a holiday last year with being unwell.
46 of 64  -   Report This Post

tomcat

22nd January 2011, 12:28
Mondrian. Re 7a. It is nothing to do with a female knight. Try reading the clue this way: (A) (female) (knight) (drained of colour). Does this help?
47 of 64  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd January 2011, 13:35
Tom Cat. Thank you. That makes sense. I will persist with the others now.
48 of 64  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

22nd January 2011, 13:44
I'm sorry to think aloud on this thread but The Navigator seems to have gone missing too...
49 of 64  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd January 2011, 14:01
Thanks Capulet and welcome to this thread! Wee Jock, you are obviously way out of my league intelligence wise as I cant understand most of your postings...... Thats what comes of not attending uni I suppose! Still - I enjoy being a very insignificant part of the thread and bow to the masters!!!!! Mondrian - 14d I have the answer as (going) plus the name of a river.
50 of 64  -   Report This Post