CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lainey

14th January 2011, 09:21
Good morning everybody, I hope you don't mind me joining in. Could somebody please explain the 'P' in 5D, it's probably staring me in the face but I just can't get it!
41 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

14th January 2011, 09:23
You were up late last night, Karen! Thank you for your good wishes and I agree with your observation because I found myself in a similar situation last year where I had no option but to divulge the answer.
42 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

14th January 2011, 09:28
Good morning Lainey,

You're welcome to join us. In crossword compiler's parlance 'at university' is usually an indicator for 'up' which I think you'll find is the case here.

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
43 of 61  -   Report This Post

lainey

14th January 2011, 09:33
Thanks Caravaggio!

Best wishes

Lainey
44 of 61  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th January 2011, 13:21
Crossword completed last night, so no help needed this week. I am not sure I get the construct of the bird plunging across the Atlantic, though. Any suggestions? I imagine most people have already finished.

Welcome back Chris4food. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Was it the flu bug?

If I may, can I also say to Caravaggio congratulations on getting your two children through what could have been difficult teenage years.

How are you Nimrod? Have we heard from you this year?

See you all nest week, if not before.
45 of 61  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

14th January 2011, 14:58
to Lainey (and others)
Should you have heard of 'peelers from years ago,
They took there name from a Prime Minister, with first name Robert. The P comes from Peel a place in the Isle of Man (my atlas says).
Good hunting.
46 of 61  -   Report This Post

tomcat

14th January 2011, 16:55
Hello everybody. I've just received my copy of RT3 at long last. I see someone's been giving out answers again so I'll avoid reading the posts until I've finished. Perhaps those who start off these threads could include "no answers please for no cross-words" in the title?
47 of 61  -   Report This Post

tomcat

14th January 2011, 17:34
I should have said, "finished it or get hopelessly stuck". 6 down so far.
48 of 61  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th January 2011, 17:41
Thank you for directing me to this particular crossword. Happily, it was not too difficult for my first attempt.

Thanks for your concern, Bees. Pipesmoker hasn't been furious since petrol went up to 7/6d a gallon. Over the years, I've learned to take life as it comes.
49 of 61  -   Report This Post

tomcat

14th January 2011, 20:47
Finished it. 20d was the way in, 19d was the last to hold out. My favourite was 22a. I can well imagine a well-known business secretary wanting to do this (legally of course) to a prominent media mogul. 24a, 6d and 8d were all quite satisfying.
50 of 61  -   Report This Post