CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wee jock

11th January 2011, 20:22
HOWDY FOLKS

Just finished my effort and found it reasonably straightforward but some neat and witty clues eg 15a and 23a (some people have still not the message that you NEVER NEVER NEVER come out with the answer). Mr PIPESMOKER please note. sorry but it's a hobby horse of mine.
nUFF SAID

REGARDS

WJ
11 of 61  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th January 2011, 21:10
Wee jock,
as the weekly RT thread operates under different rules than the rest of the forum, maybe it needs to be more clearly stated by whoever starts a new thread.
surely Pipesmoker can be forgiven?
12 of 61  -   Report This Post

terry

11th January 2011, 22:19
Wee Jock,
The most cursory glance at Pipesmoker's various postings show clearly that he is a helpful,well-meaning type of guy. All he is guilty of is walking into a minefield where no-one has bothered to put up a warning sign. Attacking obviously innocent souls who stray is not very nice,is it? But I am sure that on relection you will appreciate that.
13 of 61  -   Report This Post

torvic

12th January 2011, 07:58
Don't blame pipesmoker, the fault is mine, I should never have type out the clue in full, just its number.
14 of 61  -   Report This Post

torvic

12th January 2011, 08:00
Sorry that was a typo! Should have been 'typed'.
15 of 61  -   Report This Post

old gal

12th January 2011, 09:36
Good (or should I say wet and dismal!) morning to everyone. Pipesmoker - sorry if we sound a bit off putting but we are a group who like to try and puzzle out the clues ourselves, with a little help from each other. Welcome to the thread and maybe you can start again by assisting me with 12a - any clue with the word rugby in shuts my brain down!!! Belated congrats to Dr Carravagio! I see we are back with a DVD prize - thought maybe we would be offered a tin of condensed milk to go with the cereal...
16 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th January 2011, 09:52
A dismal good morning to you, Old Gal.

Thank you for kind comments regarding Adam's doctorate. As you can imagine, he has one very proud father.

To assist you regarding this clue, and without giving you the actual answer, is going to be difficult. In the United Kingdom, the player who wears the number 10 shirt in rugby union is called a fly half or stand off half; in Australia and New Zealand, that player is called this - and it's a fraction which, if measured in eighths, is the one above a half!

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
17 of 61  -   Report This Post

torvic

12th January 2011, 09:53
Old gal, 12a is an anagram (change) of height inside a smaller version of the rugby game, and means over half.
18 of 61  -   Report This Post

torvic

12th January 2011, 10:06
My mistake, it's not a smaller version of rugby, it's a game played at Rugby school in a four sided court.
19 of 61  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th January 2011, 10:09
Sorry, folks. I didn't know there were different rules for the RT. I stand chastised.

I am fairly new to the forum, so crave your indulgence.

P
20 of 61  -   Report This Post