CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emf

18th December 2010, 14:11
i put foundry
91 of 121  -   Report This Post

tomcat

18th December 2010, 15:10
Thanks, Karen. Re 52a, I hadn't thought of the rugby connection. That would almost put the clue into the tease category as it had me thinking along the lines of deception at cards. However, it is still a little too contrived for that. I'm afraid. Mondrian, that I don't get chance to see what else is in the paper since it is usually snapped up by my better half for the sudoko. C'est la vie!
92 of 121  -   Report This Post

wee jock

18th December 2010, 15:39
Electro Motive Force

NAUGHTY-NAUGHTY!!

With Respect

WJ
93 of 121  -   Report This Post

tomcat

18th December 2010, 17:56
May I, as a newcomer, endorse the prohibition on giving direct answers to clues? I've come to appreciate this forum for its helpful hints in such a way that it stimulates the problem-solving process and helps understand the setter's mind. As keen cruciverbalists, I'm sure we all take greater satisfaction in solving the clues rather than being spoonfed the correct answer.
94 of 121  -   Report This Post

ann

18th December 2010, 18:20
I entirely agree.I don't really want the answer,just a wee nudge in the right direction.Thanks anyway,emf.
I ejoyed 11A,34A (being a footie fan),60A,1D,3D
95 of 121  -   Report This Post

tomcat

18th December 2010, 18:23
Wee Jock. Re Post #10. If you enjoy a glass of 11a for medicinal purposes, I'm sure you'll appreciate "**** is the best Medicine" by Dr E A Maury, which prescribes the appropriate therapeutic 'grape' (French of course) for a whole host of maladies. Perhaps you know of it already? It is way out print and it took me ages to track down via the internet, but it is well worth the effort! Apparently, a decent burgundy is good for slimming, which is worth knowing for the post-festive guilt-trip.

****(4) = generic type for 11a.
96 of 121  -   Report This Post

wee jock

19th December 2010, 00:53
Top Cat, thanks for the medical advice,you don't mean..."Hairs mixture with unknown variety of grape" do you? No that would be 5 letters. I'll sleep on it.
And thankS for your support in my campaign against the mentioning of direct answers to clues.

REGARDS and GOOD NIGHT
97 of 121  -   Report This Post

wee jock

19th December 2010, 09:19
Top Cat
Sorry I should have said 6 letters!

WJ
98 of 121  -   Report This Post

mich

19th December 2010, 09:55
Hello all- I am nearly finished... just one little area of 3 clues to do.
Any extra clues please for
32a 'nothing in organ but a loop of rope' **o*e , and
20d a*d*** "passionate team leader beyond forest'.
Just have a block with these two!
If I can get these, then I think I can get my final one to do of 24a!
99 of 121  -   Report This Post

crypto

19th December 2010, 10:02
Hello mich

32a 'nothing in organ but a loop of rope' **o*e ,

The organ is to do with the human body with nothing in it. The answer 'loop of rope' often featured in westerns.

20d a*d*** "passionate team leader beyond forest'.

Word for passionate is the answer = famous forest (5 letters) followed by team leader (1 letter).

100 of 121  -   Report This Post