CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mich

19th December 2010, 11:04
Thank you! That helped me to finish.
Merry Christmas to you all- I am going to miss the RT crossword this week.
101 of 121  -   Report This Post

mandala

19th December 2010, 11:04
Mich, try these:

32A Hangman's helper soon mixes with point

20D In the bear den trivially zealous
102 of 121  -   Report This Post

nimrod

19th December 2010, 15:15
TomCat; Dr Maury is quite entertaining stuff. According to his treatments I should have been on Champagne during my recent stay with the NHS!! I would have been up for that! You should, however, get worried when you're given a bottle (or 2) of Vouvray!!!
Merry Xmas Philip & Caravaggio; not heard from you for some time!
103 of 121  -   Report This Post

tomcat

19th December 2010, 21:13
Nimrod. I think the good Dr Maury must have been fairly well pickled if he followed his own advice. If you'll excuse the pun, I'm not sure I'd have the bottle to try out any of his prescriptions at the quantities suggested. Nevertheless, a glass or two every now and then is exceedingly pleasant and I'm sure of medicinal benefit to boot. Cheers!
104 of 121  -   Report This Post

nimrod

19th December 2010, 22:25
TomCat; I'm sure that you are right. My Gran lived well into her 90's and swore that a bottle of milk stout or Mackeson a day did her no harm!
105 of 121  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th December 2010, 08:48
The Compliments of the Season to you all.

I hope that you're all fit and well and that you're keeping warm during this cold spell. Some of us of a certain age will recall the winter of '62-'63 and, as he disclosed his age during one post, Navigator can probably bring to mind the winter of 1947.

As a widower, I have to be organised as I can't rely on anyone else to assist me and I hope you'll forgive me if I go missing until the New Year.

With very best wishes,

Caravaggio
106 of 121  -   Report This Post

emf

20th December 2010, 11:44
i will try and fall in line and not give direct answers, but was just glad to get it done.
107 of 121  -   Report This Post

charlie's human

20th December 2010, 13:59

Christmas Week already and no Crossword to do now, but that is no reason to neglect my regular dip into this thread. I too remember walking home from school at the start of the Great Snow of '47 and the hypnotic joy of sitting in the window watching the snowflakes. That pleasure has never left me but I do miss Jack Frost fingers on the windows in the morning. Maybe being warm makes up a bit for that. Nowadays I have my walking crampons which are a blessing and produce a high level of self-satisfaction.
My main reason for my post today is to say how much I've enjoyed the to-ing and fro-ing between everyone this year, whether I've joined in or not. It has increased my pleasure in doing the crossword no end. So, I send you all my very best wishes for Christmas and look forward to the conversations of 2011. Charlie agrees, or he would do if he wasn't asleep.
108 of 121  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th December 2010, 16:53
Good to hear from you Caravaggio. I was wondering if you had gone away on holiday. Have also missed contribution this time from Old Gal - hope you are well.

Meantime my very best wishes to you all for a happy Christmas, especially warm greetings to those who may be on their own or have suffered a loss recently or even a time ago.

I shall look forward to getting started to the RT crosswords in January when I return from Santa Claus Land.
109 of 121  -   Report This Post

nimrod

20th December 2010, 17:49
Yes, good to hear from you Caravaggio. If you get snowed in or short of supplies just let me know and we'll bring up the tractor from the farm.
Thanks Mondrian: - hope you are well Old Gal!
Mondrian: Going to Santa Claus Land? I think Santa Claus Land, or at least his weather is already here with us! (Just joking!!)
Stay warm everybody,
NIMROD
110 of 121  -   Report This Post