74 Results Matching Words
Below are the words that matched your query. Please note that at this time the site does not search plurals.
- arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- an approximate definition or example; "she wore a sort of magenta dress"; "she served a creamy sort of dessert thing"
- a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality; "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
- a person of a particular character or nature; "what sort of person is he?"; "he's a good sort"
- an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion; "the bottleneck in mail delivery is the process of sorting"
- The handle of a joiner's plane.
- A writ by which a cause pending in a court baron was removed into a country court.
- revelry in drinking; a merry drinking party
- a blast of a horn
- make a loud noise; "The horns of the taxis blared"
- (law) any wrongdoing for which an action for damages may be brought
- one who sells advice about gambling or speculation (especially at the racetrack)
- someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen way
- show off
- someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit
- advertize in strongly positive terms; "This product was touted as a revolutionary invention"
- a unit of potential equal to the potential difference between two points on a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere when the power dissipated between the two points is 1 watt; equivalent to the potential difference across a resistance of 1 ohm when 1 ampere of current flows through it