71 Results Matching Words
Below are the words that matched your query. Please note that at this time the site does not search plurals.
- A writ by which a cause pending in a court baron was removed into a country court.
- make a loud noise; "The horns of the taxis blared"
- revelry in drinking; a merry drinking party
- a blast of a horn
- (law) any wrongdoing for which an action for damages may be brought
- show off
- advertize in strongly positive terms; "This product was touted as a revolutionary invention"
- one who sells advice about gambling or speculation (especially at the racetrack)
- someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen way
- someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit
- a unit of potential equal to the potential difference between two points on a conductor carrying a current of 1 ampere when the power dissipated between the two points is 1 watt; equivalent to the potential difference across a resistance of 1 ohm when 1 ampere of current flows through it
- an established custom; "it was their habit to dine at 7 every evening"
- unfermented or fermenting malt
- usually used in combination: `liverwort'; `milkwort'; `whorlywort'
- 2d pers. sing. pres. of Wit, to know.