CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT48

nimrod

26th November 2010, 16:51
Nice alternatives Crypto - like them!! For 16A think of another word for a boat(5 letters) then add "what" students do when they go or "move .." to Oxford
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

nimrod

26th November 2010, 16:56
A bit too slow on the typing, as answers already worked out, which is good - ignore last comments!!
Are the Scots trying to take over from the Cheshire Set???
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

mandala

26th November 2010, 22:45
Hi All,

Aberdeen isn't a bad guess, not quite but reasonably close!

As for YMMV, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=YMMV">The Urban Dictionary is a great reference for acronyms.

I too have to go to the paper shop for my RT and I'm hoping that number 49 might be in soon, as postal subscribers seem to have it already.
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

geordie

27th November 2010, 00:04
It's so cold up here I've actually seen some of the local slappers wearing panties, never mind gloves.
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

27th November 2010, 13:46
Hi Nimrod, as far as I am concerned the Scots are NOT trying to take over from the Cheshire set who after all were the orignators of this thread. I hope you are now fully recovered from your operation and convalescence and looking forward to Christmas with your children. Are they still of an age to get excited about it all?

Nice to hear from you Karen. I noticed your absence last week and wondered if you were ok or merely away to the sunshine somewhere. Thanks to Crypto I did manage to get this weeks finished but I have to say I didn`t help myself much by putting `Kenya` in for 19D instead of `Libya` so that messed up the Italian job clue. However all present and correct now.

We have sunshine and snow. Nice to look at but not if it forms ice.
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

nimrod

27th November 2010, 18:11
Mondrian, just joking about the Scots "taking" over. Apologies if any offence taken. The RT thread belongs to us all. My "teenagers" still enjoy Christmas for the parties and sleep-overs. Happily, they still respect the day and insist on watching "It' A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve and then coming with us to Midnight Mass.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

29th November 2010, 11:03
Monday morning hello to you Nimrod (and everyone else for that matter). No offence of any kind taken by your comments, Nimrod. I just wanted to give due credit to the people who started this marvellous and friendly site and to let any newcomers know who they have to thank.

I am very impressed to hear that your teenage children still go to Midnight Mass with you. I try and go myself weather conditions permitting.

Roll on tomorrow and next crossword! And this posting should put our thread near the top for a bit.
37 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT48