CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT48

chris4food

24th November 2010, 21:05
Dear all, sorry, but I succumbed [cheated] and put the letter into solution wizard - so I think I've got the answer - as was looking for an exotic sauce - not Heinz's red stuff!!!!
Cheers
Chris
PS And apologies to any of you who offer belated assistance - mea culpa...
11 of 37  -   Report This Post

old gal

24th November 2010, 22:30
Hi everybody and welcome to the thread Wee Jock! Am I the only person who actually walks down to the paper shop for my RT? Have made a good start (for me!)this week and have nearly completed the right hand side so will press on and come back for some help no doubt.
12 of 37  -   Report This Post

philip

25th November 2010, 01:17
Good evening (actually, you will all probably be fast asleep as I write this) everyone from a very warm Florida. 83 degrees today and I read about the snow thats on its way to you. Back on dry land after my Caribbean cruise and enjoying the weekly threads, but literally not a clue what you are talking about as I obviously cant get the RT over here, but back at the end of next week, so will catch up then. Its TURKEY DAY tomorrow, so going to celebrate with relatives in Tampa
PHILIP

PS Welcome Jock. We recently lost a founder scot, so we will welcome your contributions
13 of 37  -   Report This Post

old gal

25th November 2010, 10:24
Oh Philip - you are being very cruel to us - its freezing here in the Midlands! In case you are getting withdrawal symptoms, solve this for me: Italy arranged to capture Doctor Love with expertise. If you can give me another clue that would be great and you would be keeping your hand in....... Have a great holiday.
14 of 37  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

25th November 2010, 10:37
Hi Old Gal,

Yes, I'm freezing too [Cheshire] but my son, who's in Newcastle upon Tyne, trudged through the snow to the University - where he works - this morning... I'm surprised that you haven't got that answer but I won't spoil it for Philip, who is no doubt gloating as he enjoys Thanksgiving Day in glorious sunshine.

Welcome to Wee Jock. Are you actually North of the Border or in exile in England?

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
15 of 37  -   Report This Post

mandala

25th November 2010, 12:42
Yes, mostly a nice one this week. However, I'm with the rest of you here regarding 4D. One of the worst RT clues I have seen for a long time. A much better one would have been:

Astonish spy, refute confusion with no hesitation.

YMMV.
16 of 37  -   Report This Post

wee jock

25th November 2010, 12:46
Hello again Folks, I am deeply touched by your kindly welcomes and yes I do live in Haggisland and collect my RT every Tuesday on foot from my papershop and get started. Being just a slogger I do as much as I can without external aids and then may refer to a dictionary or some other reference book but no WORDSORTER or human help.
These are my self inflicted rules but I usually finish by luck or serendipidy. This week I only had real difficulty with 8d untill I realised that itwas a three word phrase! What a clot but I blame my macular degeneration. But enough,already,and kindest regards to all you nice people.
17 of 37  -   Report This Post

mandala

25th November 2010, 12:56
old gal try this for 22A

Dextrously adjust a tory lid
18 of 37  -   Report This Post

old gal

25th November 2010, 13:18
Thanks for your reply Mandala! Well remember the cold of Newcastle, moved down here from that city last year! nice to see people sledging on the town moor though and lovely to walk along the crisp icy sands of Tynemouth!
19 of 37  -   Report This Post

mandala

25th November 2010, 13:58
I don't know the Newcastle area at all, but there was significant snow in Aberdeen this morning and several accidents on the A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness. Strangely there's been no mention of the closure of the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road so far. I can't imagine it has escaped the snow.
20 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT48