CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

30th October 2010, 16:52
Thank you for your contribution JimB. I have been a regular contributor to this forum for quite a long time now, and feel quite disheartened by the lack of camaraderie and good humour which used to prevail. People who seem by their unfamiliar names to be newcomers to this site, demand answers, and are then quite free with their insulting remarks. Please let's have courtesy and good manners again.
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

ulf

30th October 2010, 17:18
I apologise. It was a misunderstanding & I should not have assumed that you all had the clues in front of you. I misunderstood the tone of the reply. Given that, I think to label my response "loutish" is something of an overreaction. I'm not a DT subscriber but that comment in itself comfortably fits into the "smug" bracket. Peace to all.
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

jimb

30th October 2010, 17:26
ULF

I think you are backward and sick or sick when you are backward!! Anyway, apology accepted and welcome into the smug world of a crossword forum.

JimB
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th October 2010, 17:32
In defense of ULF and other newcomers it can be difficult to strike the correct tone with your first posting(s) - my first posting was overly abrupt(due to exasperation no doubt)leading to an answer followed by a(deserved but slightly OTT) rebuke from Trevor.
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

terry

30th October 2010, 17:35
Ixion,
I don't believe it. Trevor is never slightlyOTT.
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th October 2010, 17:40
lol - it did seem very OTT at the time Terry, but I hadn't yet encountered you at that time to give it some context!
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

terry

30th October 2010, 17:42
Ouch.
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

30th October 2010, 17:44
Ixion - I find it is very easy to strike the wrong note in the abbreviated form of messages here; all the more reason to be especially careful not to give offence
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

amsguy

30th October 2010, 17:47
I rediscovered my love for the Guardian Cryptic crossword about 3 weeks ago. Since then I have contributed here for the last 2 cryptic crosswords. Today I managed to finish the xword without checking this forum; although I did have to use an electronic dictionary and wikipedia for quite a few. Especially, 5a, 5d, 6d. The drinks clues took me a little time as I don't like 18,24. As for the 3d in 4d, that was cheeky and I can't work out why 3d is the colour that it is.
14a I think I have and am not sure if it's correct. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction withour slapping the answer in my face. Something to do with a Christmas carol, maybe.

Let's keep this forum civilised and give the clues you need and we don't give the answers straight away; more a rewrite of clues to help you in your completion.

19 of 40  -   Report This Post

ixion

30th October 2010, 17:58
amsguy

I assumed 25/26 is reddish in colour hence giving 3 in dilution
20 of 40  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Guardian